1 platser Tillsvidare Heltid
As Component Engineer for high voltage batteries you will be working with one or more of our custom designed multi-cell battery packs with integrated control and supervision electronics. A large part of the development is outsourced which means that you will work close to external suppliers but you will also work with our in-house development and system organization.
- Refine and release existing as well as new specifications, parameters and data sets and give feedback on specifications written by others.
- Be responsible for communicating requirement specifications to the supplier and will together with the supplier create and maintain integration plans.
- Drive the release process using within Volvo.
- Independently and in teams verify functionality in vehicles as well as in rigs and lab environment.
- Review supplier documents, working process and time plans, when needed also on supplier sites.
- You report to the Engineering Leaders and Group Manager
- Experience from macro cell batteries, preferably Lithium ?Ion
- Automotive environment and application
- Master Degree in Engineering
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- The work requires skills in both teamwork and individual work
- Structure, organized, a lot of go and a drive to take the lead
Volvo Group Trucks Technology ? Powertrain Engineering is the strategic center for powertrain development in the Volvo Group. The scope covers complete powertrain systems, components such as engines, transmissions and driven axles, and design of powertrain solutions for the future such as hybrid drivelines and engines for alternative fuels. Powertrain Engineering is global and has sites in Sweden, France, Spain, North and South America and Japan.
Driveline and Hybrids develops transmissions and electro-mobility systems and components for the vehicles in the Volvo Group. Center for this development is in Göteborg (Lundby). Driveline and Hybrids in Göteborg consists of about 70 people split in four groups.
The Group Electrical Components is responsible for the electrical components of the hybrid/electric driveline, e.g. inverters, electric motors, batteries etc. The development of electro-mobility systems is in an expansive phase and we have many initiatives and projects in parallel. Since 2009 we are in serial production with the hybrid driveline.