1 platser Tillsvidare Heltid Dag , Heltid , Tillsvidareanställning
The Administration Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for a Legal Officer in the legal division.
Description of directorate/division
The Legal division manages and develops the provision of legal services to ESS AB on all aspects of ESS AB´s remit and related matters to enable it to meet its objectives and act within the law. The provision of quality legal advice ensures the legality of ESS AB´s decisions and is of vital importance in preventing or reducing the risk of liability and subsequent litigation. As Legal Officer you wil be part of a growing Legal team and report to the Head of Legal. You will enjoy a challenging workload and take an active part in the development of the legal division within ESS AB.
Description of main responsibilities
Advice and support all company departments in a variety of legal issues. The position provides for a significant cross-functional interaction with executives and directors within the company as well as with the scientific and technical departments.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documents, such as collaboration agreements, MoUs, licence agreements, purchase of services and supply agreements, energy agreements, consultancy agreements, sponsorship, studentship and commercial agreements.
• Identifying gaps and providing legal support to ESS management on a range of matters including in particular; general commercial, corporate, IT and contracts.
• Providing advice on corporate governance, legal strategy compliance regulatory and related matters.
• Ensure compliance with Swedish and European laws.
• Masters degree in Law or equivalent
• 3-8 years of practical legal experience (e.g. law firm with client contact and/or prior in-house corporate experience)
• Strong academic background and a demonstrated record of accomplishments and achievements
• Significant knowledge and experience of Swedish commercial law
• Superior contract drafting, reviewing and negotiation skills
• Knowledge of legal compliance involving general business law
• Strong research, administrative, writing, analytical and reporting skills
• Experience in working with universities and/or research facilities is a plus
• Experience in one or more of the following is a plus: employment law, energy law, property law and/or procurement law.
Your English skills are excellent both oral and written and you have experience of working in an international environment.
We truly believe that to enjoy and perform at ESS, you have the ability to act independently and collaboratively in a collegial fast-paced high energy enviroment.
What ESS can offer
At ESS we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and building of a world leading facility for materials research.
Besides attractive employment and relocation conditions, the flexibility to balance work life with private life and good opportunities to further enhance your skills; you will also enjoy being part of an organisational culture that promotes and supports internal career growth.
We pride ourselves in having successful collaboration across different functions, and as the facility continues to grow we will keep nurturing the international and vibrant environment welcoming people from all across the world.
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and covering letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website.
The deadline for applications is 5th of March 2014.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Jessica Kvarnhammar, jessica.kvarnhammar[at]esss.se.
We look forward to receiving your application.