1 platser Tillsvidare Heltid
Do you seek challenges in an international business with a vast and interesting product portfolio? Do you want to work in a company that's growing in new areas, where you have to be prepared to take on different projects? Then Sandvik is the employer for you!
Patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights form vital and high-priority elements of the Sandvik business operations. Sandvik Intellectual Property AB (SIP) is a part of Group Function Legal with global responsibility for the coordination and integration of Group IP operations, including protecting and enforcing IP rights.
We are now looking for a Patent Attorney, to be located in Sandviken.
Key performance areas
As a Patent Attorney your overall objective is to provide IP services, mainly in the field of Patents & Designs, to support Business Area Sandvik Machining Solution. Thereby, you contribute to securing the business model of the Sandvik Group and further strengthen the offer to the market of products and services with maximum added value for the customers.
Other responsibilities in this role:
- Communicating with, and providing counseling of, inventors, project managers, R&D managers and product managers
- Performing patentability analysis
- Assisting in avoiding infringements and ensuring that new products can be launched on the market, as well as in the invention disclosures evaluation process
- Patentability assessment
- Ensuring that inventions and other intellectual property developed within Sandvik receive proper protection and attention
- Assisting in performing and reporting competitor patent surveillance
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications and oppositions
- Freedom to Operate analysis and Clearance analysis
- Arranging IP education for the Business Area: e.g. for R&D engineers, product managers, etc. Enforcement of Patent & Design rights
The position may involve traveling.
We are looking for someone with a master's degree in Science, Engineering, or other relevant academic degree and, preferably, one or more parts of the European Qualifying Examination. A minimum of three years of IP experience from private practice, other industry patent departments, the Patent Office or a similar entity is required. You have excellent knowledge of the patenting process, from idea to granted patent. You also have good knowledge of opposition proceedings in at least one jurisdiction, IP enforcement and IP competitor monitoring. You have good communication skills in English, both in writing and speaking.
As a person you are an analytical problem solver. To be well suited for this role, you also need to be an efficient communicator.
We actively work to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Jörgen Klöfver, recruiting manager, +46 (0)26 261 093
Per Hedman, Unionen, +46 (0)265 014
Glenn Holm, Ledarna, +46 (0)26 263 809
Maths Scherman, Akademikerföreningen, +46 (0)26 266 734
Send your application no later than June 13, 2014. Read more about Sandvik and apply at www.sandvik.com/career, Job ID: 331492.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact HR Services, +46 (0)20 261 444.