OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Engineering Köping have expanded for the last two years and have introduced new functional and competence areas to support newly awarded business and long term growth and expansion. Engineering Köping has also worked intensively to adapt and align with the GKN Global Engineering community and methods of working. We are now taking the next steps to continue our successful journey and we have an interesting and exciting future. Do you want to be part of developing and leading us in to the next generation of AWD systems? We are currently looking for a Product Design Engineer.
This role is part of the Mechanical Engineering Team and reports to the Mechanical Engineering Manager in Köping. The Mechanical Engineering team develop, design and sustain All Wheel Driveline (AWD) Systems. As Product Design Engineer you will have interaction with our world-leading OEM customers such as Volvo, JLR, Fiat, Porsche and Lamborghini. The role involves a lot of contacts both within the Köping site and worldwide within Global GKN Engineering.
Key responsibilities in this role are to plan, perform and follow up daily design work related to assigned product, with design freeze and release of CAD and PDM data within given time frames, according to required processes. The role includes the responsibility to identify, initiate and drive lean enterprise (continuous improvement) activities within the assigned area. The Product Design Engineer also supports the Mechanical Engineering Manager in ensuring that competence, resources, methods, tooling and equipment are available to support efficient design in new AWD development programs. One important role is also to instruct and lead assigned design engineers.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- Minimum BSc in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or related field of study.
- Experience from Product Design Engineering and/or Project Management positions.
- Experience from product design on complete product level, automotive industry experience being an advantage.
- Experience in CAD and PDM required.
- Experience with CATIA and Windchill is preferable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal. German language skill is a plus.
- Good social skills, the ability to create effective networks and work in teams or independently.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
To find out more about this role please contact Lars Svensson, Mechanical Engineering Manager, on +46 221 762243.
To apply for this position please visit our website https://careers.gkn.com/