OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
We are organized in three Businesses:
Performance Formulations focuses on business lines based on tailored performance that require a high level of customer intimacy, such as those for personal care and agriculture.
Technology Solutions includes business lines that are an integrated part of our customers’ processes, such as catalysts and additives for the polymer and pulp industries.
Industrial Chemicals encompasses our salt-chlorine value chain, which supplies end markets ranging from lightweight metals and plastics to pharmaceuticals.
We are seeking a R&D Manager Bleaching Chemicals for Nouryon’s Bleaching organization.
In this role, you will make independent and prudent decisions regarding the teams and department activities within approved budget, time frame, and available resources. Contribute to R&D strategy and develop policies for own organizational unit. Act on and take necessary decisions to secure compliance with all legislation, people safety and environment as well as secure budget and optimization of project portfolio/workload. You will be responsible for the department budget and to continually improve work processes and implement improvements in own unit.
* Contribute to the development of the business and R&D strategy, provide plans and initiatives for the development of own organization.
* Translate the R&D strategy for assigned R&D organizational unit into a year plan/budget and acquire approval.
* Works with strong integration with Technology, Global Market, Eka Engineering and commercial teams at senior management level to help establish the project portfolio.
* Lead, coach, appraise and develop teams and forecast personnel needs.
* Portfolio responsible for own business RD&I project portfolio and secures output from projects.
* Extend internal knowledge, keep up with external developments and ensure development, transfer and retention of new and state of the art knowledge.
* Builds, develops and maintains relations with known and new relevant parties in the scientific world.
* Overall responsible for resource planning, optimization and prioritization in accordance with business needs and optimizes efficiency.
* Drives best practices for products, processes and ways of working. Supports platform development, deployment and technology; ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
* With IP department manage and secure filing of IP applications to protect the group's research work; proactively analyzes own and 3rd party IP in managed area.
* Is lead R&D contact for customers, attends customer meetings and develops overview and technology presentation.
* Responsible for overall budget of own organization area.
* Responsible for asset optimization and CAPEX planning
* Responsible to follow appropriate HSE-legislations and HSE site rules in order to provide a safe workplace and environment.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Vice President Bleaching Chemicals and based in Bohus. You can read more about living in the Gothenburg region here (*embedded link www.movetogothenburg.se)
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Antonio Francisco, Vice president Bleaching Chemicals +5511999728709
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Matilda Bolin, Recruitment Specialist, +46 709577134
For unions related questions in Sweden please contact:
Akademikerklubben, Anna-Lena Palm, +46 733 855 113
Unionen, Helene Rosenlund, +70 821 18 39
If you have any general questions or need assistance, please contact: [email protected]
We look forward to your application!
We kindly ask you as an internal candidate to apply with your Nouryon email.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.
* University degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
* Has multiple years (>7 years) of managerial experiences with both junior and senior technical staff.
* Has been exposed to working and impacting globally research work and managing research projects
* Experience in inorganic chemistry, preferable from pulp industry
* Extensive management capabilities
* Strategic insight and real business understanding.
* Strong ability to lead, engage and coach others.
* Skilled at organizing, prioritizing workflow and coordinating the work of others.
* Collaborative cross-functional team player.
* Experienced in change management.
* Broad and/or specialized knowledge of own functional discipline, strategy and policies
* High communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Swedish is preferable.
To be successful in this position we believe that you are service oriented, have a high social competence as well as the ability to build successful and long-term relationships. You are confident in your own expertise and deliver results while maintaining a high quality and integrity in your work.