1 platser Tillsvidare Heltid enligt ök Heltid/ Ej specificerat
Are you a curious, dedicated and responsible person that believe leading the way towards sustainable transport solutions would be exciting?
At Autonomous Transport Solutions (ATS) Pre-Development & Research, Scania R&D, we pursue top-quality research and development of future cutting edge ATS concepts. We operate in agile and self-steered teams that work in close cooperation with the Volkswagen group, leading technology suppliers, and academic institutions, with the ambition to detect and evaluate upcoming technologies. Our culture is built based upon delivering added customer value through research and practical experiments that iteratively lead to concepts for industrialization.
Does this sound like an interesting technical area? Then send us your application and we will be happy to give you a more detailed explanation.
You will be working in an agile multi-cultural research team within R&D. The team is responsible for concept evaluation and software development of tactical decision-making and situational awareness algorithms for autonomous driving. The success factor of our team is the iterative development and the rapid prototyping enabled by a flexible platform for the autonomous vehicles. As a Research Engineer you contribute to design, develop and evaluate strategies for understanding and predicting the environment evolution in order to enable smart decisions in a variety scenarios.
We like people that are team players, attentive and humble with the ability to drive the technical development forward. You have technical experience in the areas of applied mathematics, computational statistics and/or machine learning. More specifically, you will be involved in the methodological development of new probabilistic models and inference methods to address the current and future challenges within situational awareness.
Extra meritorious is
• An academic background that matches an M.Sc. in applied mathematics, machine learning, engineering physics, computer science, electrical engineering, robotics or matching work experience.
• A Ph.D. within similar research fields.
• Experience in one or more of the following: bayesian modelling, inference algorithms, probabilistic black-box modelling, sampling algorithms, variational methods, particle filters, dynamic programming, graph search techniques.
• Knowledge and experience within software languages such as C++ and Matlab/Simulink along with a keen interest in programming.
• Experience within agile development and robotic systems.
• If you are fluent in English both in writing and in speech.
As an employee at Scania we offer, in addition to career development, other benefits like a company car, result-based bonus, service pension, flexible working hours, subsidised lunches and a lot more. I you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus between Stockholm and Södertälje through the Scania jobexpress.
For additional information
Please contact Assad Alam, 08-553 896 41.
Apply via our homepage: www.scania.com/jobs at Scania latest by January 20. Job id 20184301. Interviews will be conducted continuously during the application period.
Your application should include a cover letter, CV and copies of your education certificate