1 platser Tillsvidare Heltid
Do you want to work with Plant Genetic Resources in a challenging and stimulating Nordic context?
NordGen has a vacancy for a competent and interested plant expert, a full time position at NordGen in Alnarp, Sweden. The job responsibilities will lie within our Plant section, today consisting of 16 colleagues. The primary responsibility will be cereal crops, where NordGen holds a collection, which you are to conserve and to promote for sustainable utilization.
* Promote sustainable use of cereal material and disseminate information about collection and plant genetic resource conservation and utilization potential to various fora.
* Maintain NordGen cereal collection
* Acquire and register new cereal accessions for collection and related information.
* Compile, analyze and publish data on cereal accessions in NordGen´s data base (SESTO).
* Plan and coordinate characterization and evaluation projects on cereals.
* Represent NordGen in relevant international and Nordic networks dealing with conservation and utilization of cereal genetic resources
* Work in close cooperation with the Nordic National Authorities as well as Nordic- and international networks.
* Coordinate/facilitate work of the Cereal Working group at NordGen.
* Higher academic education (preferably PhD) within plant breeding, population genetics, conservation genetics or quantitative genetics.
* Knowledge of systematic botany and taxonomy.
* Knowledge of one of the Scandinavian languages (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish) and English is required.
Working experience appreciated:
* Nordic and international collaboration and networking.
* Preservation of genetic resources and/or plant breeding or related disciplines.
* An exciting position in a professional and international working environment.
* Employment contract according to the regulations of the Nordic Council of Ministers. The employment contract will be signed first for 4 years with the possibility of an additional 4 years.
* Salary according to individual agreement, other working conditions are given by the regulation of the employment agreements of the State of Sweden.
* Possibilities to develop personal competence.
The post is located in Alnarp. The Senior Scientist will report directly to NordGens director.
Information about the position can be obtained from Director Árni Bragason, +4640536644 or Agnese K. Brantestam, Senior Scientist, +46 40536648.
Applications, marked ?Senior Scientist? including CV and references should be sent no later than November 11th 2013 till NordGen, [email protected] or to the mailing address: NordGen, Árni Bragason, P.O. Box 41, SE-23053 Alnarp, Sweden.