1 platser Tillsvidare Heltid Heltid
Senior Packaging Inventory Manager - Returnable Packaging
Are you passionate about logistics and inventory management? At Material Planning & Logistics, you are part of a global supply and production team that makes sure that the cars we build meet the highest expectations from our customers. In close collaboration with people inside and outside the company, we drive and lead the supply chain - from the supplier to the customer - in a lean way. If you want to reach your personal goals together with other people, Material Planning and Logistics is the place for you to prosper.
Packaging Management Operations is a completely new function within the department Material Planning & Logistics Europe (MP&L). The Packaging Management Operations team is responsible for providing standard and special returnable packaging to suppliers and all users within Volvo Cars. We are currently looking for a Senior Packaging Inventory Manager. In the role you will be part of starting up/implementing the new function and you will be responsible to lead and coordinate a team of inventory managers and inventory planners. Volvo Car's packaging terminals are located in Gothenburg, Gent, Torslanda, Skövde and Olofström why this position will also include a fair deal of travelling. Initially the position must be based in Gothenburg, but eventually the position can also be located at the other plants of Volvo Cars.
* Coordinate all inventory management activities for returnable packaging
* Assure availability of packaging over the complete supply chain
* Coordination of the fee settlement process for supplier
* Coordinate all maintenance activities for container and packaging
* Continues improvement of container management processes
* Coordinate and approve all container and packaging investments
* Constantly analyse the business KPI's
* Plan and control cost and budgets for the returnable packaging
* Communication with supplier and plant in case of shortages and critical situations
* Fee settlement and claims clearing towards supplier and terminal
* University degree or equivalent within supply chain
* Experience from inventory management and supply chain
* Experience from cross functional work
* Willingness to travel
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Proven leadership- and management skills and ability to act as a team player
* Ability and willingness to develop colleagues
* Ability to work on both strategic and operational level
* Strong communication skills
* Professional mindset and target oriented
* Analytic skills
* Service oriented
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Professionals. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Pontus Adolfsson at +46 72 98 89 422 or by e-mail [email protected]
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later than November 17th 2013.