1 platser Tillsvidare Heltid Dag , Heltid , Tillsvidareanställning
The Machine Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for a Senior PSS and MPS Engineer.
Description of directorate/division
The Integrated Control System division is responsible for the design, construction, commissioning and operation of control systems for the ESS facility including Accelerator, Target, Neutron Scattering Instruments and Conventional Facilities. This includes both, Machine Protection System (MPS) and Personnel Safety System (PSS).
ESS is seeking a senior expert engineer in Personnel Safety and Machine Protection for its Integrated Control System (ICS) project. The ESS accelerator, a pulsed superconducting linac, to be built in Lund, will produce a 5MW average power proton beam, driving the world’s brightest neutron source. The ICS will control the ESS accelerator, target, neutron instruments and conventional facility infrastructures. The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the development of the Personnel Safety system for the ESS facility as well as inventory protection for the accelerator, target, neutron instruments and other inter-related systems.
In this role you will;
• Gather, evaluate and document Personnel Safety System requirements from accelerator, target, science and conventional facilities division
• Communicate and validate the requirements to the development team of safety systems
• Manage, coordinate and supervise the implementation efforts
• Perform quality assurance of deliverables
• Take over the responsibility for site acceptance tests of the relevant sub-systems
• Ensure compliance of the Personnel Safety Systems with the legal framework
• Significant familiarity with the IEC61508 standard (minimum 5 years experience)
• Very good/proven competence in engineering and management of safety systems (minimum 10 years experience)
• Strong competence in reliability theory and techniques (minimum 5 years experience)
• Experience in managing successfully a team of developers and contractors
• Extensive hands-on knowledge about personnel safety systems at accelerator facilities (minimum 5 years experience)
• Very good experience in design, construction, operation and performance optimization of mission critical and safety systems (minimum 5 years experience)
• Experience of working in an international environment is essential
• Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite; knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage
What ESS can offer
At ESS we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and building of a world leading facility for materials research. Besides attractive employment and relocation conditions, the flexibility to balance work life with private life and good opportunities to further enhance your skills; you will also enjoy being part of an organisational culture that promotes and supports internal career growth. We pride ourselves in having successful collaboration across different functions, and as the facility continues to grow we will keep nurturing the international and vibrant environment welcoming people from all across the world.
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
The position is to be filled in Q3.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and covering letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions. It is a requirement of our application process that the names and contact details (e-mail address and phone number) of three references be provided. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website.
The deadline for applications is 15 April 2014. The recruitment process is ongoing and the deadline may be shortened. Therefore we recommend that applications be submitted as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the position, please contact Annika Nordt, annika.nordt[at]esss.se. For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Linda Sima, linda.sima[at]esss.se.
We look forward to receiving your application.