1 platser Tillsvidare Heltid Negotiable Heltid Permanent
Senior System Design Engineer, Brake Electronics
At Research & Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
The group Brake & Vehicle Dynamics Software and Electronics are one group of three at the section Brakes, Controls, Wheels & Tires, and Function description within Active Safety & Chassis at Volvo Car Group´s Research and Development (R&D) division. Active Safety and Chassis are responsible for initiating and drive Research and Development of Chassis Systems, Safety Functions and Electronics as well as Vehicle Dynamics Attributes on all Volvo Car Groups cars Page Content. Trough passionate and innovative coworkers we create chassi systems and integrated safety systems that make us leading within Driving Dynamics and Active safety.
The group Brake & Vehicle Dynamics SW and Electronics are now looking for a Senior System Design Engineer. We are responsible to realize brake and dynamic function in the vehicle in all vehicle programs and over the entire life cycle. The group is also responsible for function realization, system design, hardware development and software development of e.g Brake -functions, -switches and sensors. In this role you will be responsible for develop future technology, primary within Tyre Pressure Monitoring.
* Develop and set relevant functional requirements on SW and HW
* Set up requirement specifications
* Guarantee that all requirements within area of responsibility are communicated and understood by the supplier and internal SW teams
* Give input to time plans for all design, SW deliveries and quality assuring work to meet overall projects
* Participate in quotation process of new projects as a technical expert
* Participate in advanced engineering projects
* M.Sc / B.Sc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
* At least 5 years of industrial experience in designing and Software development and quality assurance of electrical components (SW R&D)
* Knowledge of Embedded Systems
* Driver's license B
* An asset would be good knowledge in Volvo Car Group system: Elektra, CarCom, KDP, PIE, VPDS, SWI, VQDC, SWJR
* Experience of Safety requirements, System Safety ISO 26262 within the automotive industry will be meritorious
* Experience in use of commercial simulation tools, such as Matlab/Simulink will be an asset
* Experience from Volvo Car Group projects as well as project management is meritorious
* Experience of other electrical base technologies (e.g. network design or communication, diagnostics) will be meritorious
* Experience of AUTOSAR and Software programming will also be meritorious
* Positive attitude and attracted by wide engineering roles
* Strong team player capabilities and a drive for working cross functional
* Comfortable with defining own work plan and coordinating it with others
* Customer focused and communicative
* Capable of develop and maintain a network position
* Self-managed, proactive and reliable
* Well organized and a talent for a structured approach
* Analytic and structured problem solver
* Openness to change
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". And we believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Professionals. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Nadja Bergman at +46 729 889828 or by e-mail [email protected]
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later August 25th, 2015.