1 platser Tillsvidare Heltid Månadslön Heltid/ Ej specificerat
The Communications, External Relations and In-kind Division at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for a Technology Transfer Officer.
Description of directorate/division
The Technology Transfer Officer will report to the Head of Communications, External Relations and In-kind Division, which is in charge of strategic and operation activities related to internal and external communications, stakeholder relations and the In-kind management. This position is linked to a Horizon 2020 grant (INFRADEV-3), which is dedicated to the individual implementation and operation of ESFRI projects.
Description of main responsibilities
The role the Technology Transfer Officer includes:
* Setting-up a Technology Transfer Office at ESS including development of internal processes and procedures
* Working with ESS staff and partners to help turn innovative scientific and engineering technologies into new products and services
* Identification commercial strategies for transferring technologies to industry including supporting proof-of-concept activities to potential end-users
* Negotiating appropriate licensing contracts in conjunction with the Legal Division
* Supporting the creation of spin-out companies
* Supporting the generation of research "impact" by ESS scientists and engineers
* Proven professional experience (5-7 years) from a similar role
* Grasping technical concepts quickly, and translating these into commercially viable proposals
* Experience in working with international, cross-functional teams
* Successfully negotiating and licensing commercial contracts with industry
* Proven project management skills, including responsibilities for financial management and reporting
To be successful and perform well in this position you are adaptable, flexible and entrepreneurial.
Our work environment is characterised by fast growth, high rate of work, and an international atmosphere with highly academic personnel. You must therefore enjoy the diversity of such and have a personality suited for the challenges it holds. In this growing organisation you will have the possibility to take part in developing new routines and processes. Our work environment is exciting and forward thinking and relies heavily on personal initiative.
What ESS can offer
At ESS we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and building of a world leading facility for materials research. Besides attractive employment and relocation conditions, the flexibility to balance work life with private life and good opportunities to further enhance your skills; you will also enjoy being part of an organisational culture that promotes and supports internal career growth. We pride ourselves in having successful collaboration across different functions, and as the facility continues to grow we will keep nurturing the international and vibrant environment welcoming people from all across the world.
Duration & Location
Three years. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions. It is a requirement of our application process that the names and contact details (e-mail address and phone number) of three references be provided. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website.
The deadline for applications is 28th of June 2015.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Jessica Kvarnhammar, jessica.kvarnhammar[at]esss.se.
We look forward to receiving your application.