OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Are you an experienced Scientist ready to apply your skills in a diverse and dynamic company? If you can envision providing scientific expertise in a role that can impact patients' lives - join us today!
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you'll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
We are now looking to recruit a strong Scientist with a drive for innovation and idea generation as well as excellent laboratory skills to join the Bioscience In vivo Department within the Early Respiratory and Immunology R&D unit located in Gothenburg, Sweden. Depending on your experience this position would be on a Senior Research Scientist or Associated Principal Scientist level.
Respiratory & Immunology is one of AstraZeneca's main therapy areas. From a research perspective we work to understand, treat, modify and ultimately cure respiratory disease with an emphasis on four diseases with significant unmet medical need; asthma, COPD, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) and Chronic Cough.
The successful candidate will join a highly motivated team that works closely together with other departments focusing on Target Translational Science, Bioscience In vitro assays and Drug Metabolism/Pharmacokinetics to support discovery projects and to drive new exciting research. Are you ready to join us?
What you'll do
As part of the team you will plan and execute experiments to progress our drug discovery projects and generate publishable scientific insights. You will actively take part in scientific discussions to add valuable input in experimental design and data interpretation.
This is a partly lab-based role where you will be involved in ongoing projects focusing on pre-clinical experiments using the antisense oligonucleotide (ASO) technology, with responsibility to design, perform and analyse in vivo and in vitro experiments as well as presenting and discussing data and scientific rationales. We are looking for someone with experience in animal hands-on work and advanced skills in cellular- and molecular biology techniques.
We will rely on you to:
* Be an effective and innovative team member in supporting drug discovery projects to meet their objectives
* To conduct where appropriate in parallel more than one area of work to agreed timelines
* Be responsible for maintaining the highest standards of animal welfare and ethical compliance as well as data integrity
* Write ethical applications for animal work
* Be in vivo lead for in vivo studies in support of pre-clinical discovery/early development projects. In this lead role you will design and perform in vivo experiments to study new drug candidates and contribute to the development of disease-relevant in vivo models in collaboration with colleagues
* Work alongside committed in vivo scientists and perform hands-on in vivo work
* Be responsible for the analysis of mediators in several matrixes from in vivo studies
* Contribute to the evaluation and interpretation of primary data and write reports, summaries and present in meetings
* Contribute to writing peer-reviewed publications, abstracts and poster
Essential for the role
* PhD in a relevant discipline (area of Bioscience)
* Relevant experimental in vivo experience in the use of animal models, animal handling and in vivo techniques (e.g. administration of compounds to the lung, lung function measurements)
* Experience in various cellular and molecular biology techniques for the measurement of protein expression and activation (eg ELISA,western blot, FACS, Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) technology platform), and RNA (qRT-PCR, RNASeq)
* Ability to independently design, perform and analyse in vivo experiments in rodents and interpret experimental data
* Extensive understanding of pharmacology, physiology and immunology
* Understanding and experience with molecular biology
* Understanding of statistical methods, quality control and data reporting/archiving
In addition, you possess excellent written and oral communication skills in English as well as great problem-solving skills related to in vivo research and data analysis. You have a positive and goal oriented attitude. You are organized and incorporates the views of others in your communication and collaboration.
Desirable for the role
* Experience/knowledge in the field of antisense oligonucleotide (ASO) delivery technology
* Valid education required for compliance to work with live animals in Sweden
* Experience in writing ethical applications for animal work in Sweden
* Knowledge in immunohistochemistry, histology scoring and histomorphometry
* Respiratory disease knowledge, including target and mechanism knowledge (COPD, asthma, cough, IPF, tissue regeneration) and basic understanding of Pharmacokinetics
* Good written and oral communication skills in Swedish
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what's next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.
Welcome with your application no later than 27 September
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget