OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Are you an experienced Business Developer who wants to help us foster innovation in raw materials and circular economy? Then join us and become a part of the largest and strongest consortium in the raw materials sector worldwide and support our business developmentactivities in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Ireland.
EIT RawMaterials, an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology, is the largest and strongest consortium in the raw materials sector worldwide. Our vision is a Europe where raw materials are a strength. EIT RawMaterials unites more than 400 partners from industry, research and academia, from more than 20 European countries. We support our partners to collaborate on finding new, innovative solutions to improving the raw materials sector along the entire value chain – from extraction to processing, to recycling and reuse.
We are a team of 6 persons in the northern innovation hub that covers Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Ireland and we manage and support more than 75 partners from Academia, Research Institute and Industry. We focus on supporting partners in our region across the entire materials value chain in order to increase collaboration and development activities to make raw and advance material a strength for Europe.
To strengthen our team we are looking for a project manager who posess solid business judgment, practical application of technical solutions, and broad, flexible and interdisciplinary thinking. You are a skilled networker with strong problem-solving and inter-personal skills.
You will work with an international team of business developers across Europe and report directly to the Innovation Hub North’s Director and functionally (dotted line) to the Head of Business Development. You will collaborate and interact with all Innovation Hub North’s partners, other Innovation Hubs, and staff at Head Quarters in Berlin by performing the following tasks:
· Primarily provide assistance to Innovation Hub North’s partners in innovation projects development, feasibility studies, management and evaluation tasks.
· Evaluate the progress of ongoing projects (e.g. start-ups and scale-ups), support projects’ lifecycle management to ensure market uptake and impact.
· Participate in development and monitoring of Matchmaking and Networking events in the Innovation Hub North .
· Establish and manage relations between EIT RawMaterials and the SME and start-up community in the Northern region.
· Assist, coach and guide start-up, scale-up and established SME companies to enter and advance in the EIT RawMaterials network.
· Connect to and liaise with national innovation programs, local partners and national government bodies, seeking opportunities to contribute to the financial sustainability of EIT RawMaterials.
· Support the Innovation Hub Manager to communicate the Innovation Hub and the wider KIC strategy, implementing communication, outreach and knowledge dissemination activities.
· Ensure continuous coordination of existing Entrepreneurship Support Service (ESS) providers at Innovation Hub level in order to offer a “one-stop service” to entrepreneurs in the region.
The ideal candidate:
· Holds at least an MSc or equivalent academic degree preferably related to the raw and advance materials’ value chain or has work experience in exploration, mining, mineral or metal processing or steel/metal production.
· Has 3 to 5 years of experience in business development and project portfolio management.
· Has a proven track record in innovation funnel management with R&D organisations and industry from start-ups to large companies. Has experience coaching activities with idea holder to start-ups is seen positive.
· Is experienced in product and/or business development in raw or advanced materials (ideally) or related topics (e.g., market analysis, incubation, business model design, funding, mentoring, patenting), and has a sound network of personal contacts in our region.
· Has commercial experience setting-up and selling services to SMEs and large organizations.
· Familiarity with EU or national funding programmes is a plus.
· Fluency in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite, Swedish will be an extra asset.
We offer you a challenging position in the largest consortium in the European raw materials sector spanning across 22 EU countries, opportunity to work on innovative ideas and breakthrough projects within an international environment and a good compensation package.
You will be employed by the EIT RawMaterials North AB and located in Luleå, Sweden (preferably, subject to negotiation). This position requires regular travelling to different EIT RawMaterials locations and partners across Europe.
We encourage a gender and diversity balance in our team.