WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
FOCUS OF THE ROLE
You will lead one of our engineering teams in Stockholm enhancing the outcomes, quality of tech and the people you manage. We believe in the modern approach to build tech products with cross-functional teams including software engineering, product management, data and design. You will inspire your team to innovate and create revolutionary products that change the music industry for better. Starting with a small team which you’ll grow over time to multiple teams. You will hire other managers to support the growing organization; working closely with other leaders to keep our engineering culture strong. We believe that the short feedback loop between operations and development is critical across all the engineering teams: “you build it, you run it”. We champion small and agile teams. You’ll be working on Utopia products built on the Utopia big data platform. We work full-stack including the product infrastructure and user experience. We take a holistic approach to product creation from data to robust backend and customer experience.
THE IDEAL SKILLSET
We expect you to understand the tech, care about people and be passionate about building great products. For us, years of experience are just a guidance - what counts is what you have achieved and how.
- 3+ years of experience managing software engineering teams as a people manager.
- 3+ years of experience building software powered products preferably operated as SaaS.
- Finesse in managing complex cross-functional software projects.
- Good knowledge of modern cloud infra and technologies.
- History of building software engineering teams from one to multiple teams.
- Experience building and leading larger teams and managing through managers.
- Understanding of relevant regulation, especially GDPR, and its effect on SaaS services.
- Experience working with React, Node.js and Golang.
- Passionate about user experience and operational excellence, optimist by heart, paranoid by nature.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- Send us your CV and a cover letter in English.
- We invite you for an introductory video call to get to know you better and share more about us.
- Engineering Manager fit interview covering people- and project management.
- You meet the hiring manager for the culture fit interview.
- Meeting the Team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A unique opportunity to be part of building the Engineering function in Stockholm and work in an impact oriented, autonomous and empowered team
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- An experienced team to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies
- Sublime office of hundreds of square meters with a pingpong table, playroom, gym in the basement and seriously good coffee. We love our vibrant office culture and daily breakfasts!
- And if you may prefer being on your own and working from home - we’re fine with that too!
- Swedish benefits such as pension, insurances, famous Health care allowance, phone and subscription
- We are supporting work permits for employees that moved here from countries outside the EU
UTOPIANS We come from diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives! We’re eager to meet you! :)
Artiklar i detta ämnet
- Datorarbetares muslekbesvär