OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
What's in it for you?
Manufacturing Engineering's mission: “Our people develop global, lean production processes to create the best manufacturing environments." Our main customers are manufacturing plants, to whom we supply installations of equipment, industrial strategy plans, methods and know-how. As Joining engineer at our department, you daily work will be to create world class, global, lean, highly efficient and flexible industrial systems within the area of equipment automation.
The Group Technology & Industrialization is part of ME body and has responsibility for develop and implement equipment solutions for product projects, running changes, capacity projects and non-product projects according to project targets. You will be part of a process & technology team (belong to Technology& Industrialization) and the work also includes network with global ME technology team, plant engineering and production within our company as well as with external suppliers.
The position requires some travelling.
What you´ll do
As our next Joining Engineer you will be responsible for new projects, responsible for the RFQ for joining, lead/follow the standard for joining, technical communication with the supplier, joining equipment design review and buy-off. You will be in charge of brand selecting of joining equipment, setting process solution, setting and manage joining equipment parameters, inspecting and debugging. Further you will:
* Support to resolve the problems in manufacturing, increase efficiency and quality, review work regularly, upgrade the team competence, and help to coach the new employees in our team.
* Assist the production team to upgrade efficiency, lower cost, set standard work time and improve product quality.
* Participate in preparing new project, foresight the potential problems during manufacturing and resolve them in time.
* Support and participate in VCC Global standard updates and our SME (System matter expert) teams that we have per joining technique globally.
Do you fit the profile?
We believe you:
* Have B.Sc. in Engineering or equivalent competence gained by experience.
* Have good communication skills in English and Swedish, both spoken and written.
* Have experience from equipment projects
* Have experience on Resistance welding/DAW/GMAW/laser skills
* Have experience on adhesive /adhesive vision/Nut runner/Heming/SPR skills
It is meritorious if you have skill of the FDF (flow drill fasteners) and tools (Teamcenter) at Manufacturing. Robotic competence is also a plus.
As a person we believe you have great communication skills and you collaborate well with others. We also think you are a structured person who plans and has documentation skills. Self-driven, result oriented, flexible and positive attitude.
How to learn more and apply
For questions about the position, please contact Hiring Manager, Tong Haiyan at
firstname.lastname@example.org contact Senior Recruiter, Feven Selassie at email@example.com
You are welcome with your application at the latest June 6th, 2021. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget
+46 31 333 60 50