OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
This isn't a conventional car company. We're a new global brand that focuses on the need of the connected generation, sustainability, and a hassle-free customer experience.
At Lynk & Co, we know that everything’s better when we move forward together. We’re working towards achieving equal gender representation at all levels of the company, as well as building a diverse team where everyone is respected, empowered, and celebrated. We’re not the kind of company we want to be yet, that’s why we’re looking for people that will challenge us and hold us accountable.
In short, no matter who you are or where you come from: if you’re good at what you do, then we want you.
Privacy Legal Counsel and Data Protection Officer
Lynk & Co is a company that is challenging the car industry. This is done e.g. via a business model that is a direct sales model without a dealership network handling the sales and distribution to the end customer, and with a monthly membership model. Lynk & Co is also pioneering in vehicle connectivity, offering cloud-powered in-car and mobile app services. This poses many opportunities but also challenges, and the role as Privacy Counsel is in this context a very important and visible role.
We are a start-up, with the possibility and challenges that comes with that. In practice it means you need to be a driven problem solver, a person that takes initiatives and, since things can change quickly here, you can handle and quickly respond to changing priorities.
We are now looking for a Privacy Counsel. In this role you will report to the Head of Legal, and work together with a small (but mighty) team mainly based in Gothenburg.
As Privacy Counsel and DPO you will support the company in fulfilling its data protection obligations. This includes performing the tasks of a DPO, e.g., monitoring company compliance with legal requirements and internal policies and procedures, and provide assistance and advice to Lynk & Co projects and operations. You will belong to the legal department of Lynk & Co and also support the company in legal matters mainly related to connectivity and IT.
The position is based in Gothenburg.
What you'll do
- Inform and advice the company on data privacy and data protection requirements and related matters
- Develop and maintain a privacy program that defines, develops, maintains, and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective privacy practices. Including, drafting appropriate governing and supporting documents in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the information security officer to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies, practices, investigations.
- Develop, and conduct privacy training within the organization.
- Support stakeholders with risk assessments, mitigation, and remediation. Initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to foster information privacy awareness within the organization.
- Regularly audit the company’s compliance with the GDPR, other privacy related regulations, and company internal policies.
- Act as the company’s Data Protection Officer, including serving as the contact point for and cooperate with the supervisory authority.
- Support with contractual matters in related legal fields such as IT/tech.
What you should have
- A Master of Laws degree (LL.M),
- Experience with legal counselling either from a law firm or as in-house legal counsel , through which you have acquired: - Experience working in data protection compliance or a related field
- Expertise in European data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of GDPR
- General understanding of the function of IT architecture and systems and their impact on privacy
- Knowledge of common compliance frameworks, e.g. ISO 27000.
- Experience with project management and corporate governance structures
- Commercial awareness and understanding of business environments
- Experience within a legal, audit and/or risk function department
- Good communication skills, including presentation and report writing skills
The ideal candidate is organized, trustworthy and with an attention to details. Equally important is a positive spirit, strong team-player skills and having fun at work! Of course, you feel totally comfortable speaking to a wide-ranging audience, from the board of directors to data subjects, from managers to IT staff and lawyers.
What we offer
Sure, we have all the basics in place like pension and insurances, wellness allowance, and flexibility in where and when you work. But that's not the reason you choose us… You want to work with us because you will:
- Be part of a global and diverse team, with teammates from over 26 countries and a 50/50 gender split
- Be part of a fun work culture with high team spirit. People really enjoy their teams and get along well with their teammates. There’s a running club if you’re into that sort of thing, Mario Kart tournaments, lunch dance sessions, after work get together etc.
- Be part of creating something new that has never been done before. The pace is fast and it is never boring!
- Get the best of both worlds: a start-up atmosphere with the support of an established organization
- Make a difference. We're a lean team with a flat hierarchy, so every contribution has a direct impact
Working for Lynk & Co
We're not into strict hierarchy, but we do like collaboration, creativity, and people who challenge norms. We've cultivated a culture of personal development and role growth. If you're an original thinker who values being open, personal, and challenging, then you'll fit right in. In general, we think that imagination is just as important as expertise, and instinct can be as valuable as experience.
Sounds good? Well, then we want to hear from you.
Our recruitment process
We work with a competence based framework. You apply by submitting your LinkedIn-profile or CV written in English and answering a few questions.
Our selection will primarily look at acquired competencies and skills.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible, but latest October 7. We will do ongoing selection of candidates during the application period, so don't hesitate to submit your application if you're interested.
If you want to learn more about the position, please reach out to Ann Schröder, Head of Legal, email@example.com. If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please reach out ...