OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Do you want to be a part of creating a better everyday life for the many people? In Älmhult, Sweden you can. Älmhult is home to IKEA of Sweden. Here the IKEA range is developed and made available to stores and customers all over the world. We are here to offer a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them. That is our promise, and we do this every day with great passion and energy.
Business Area Bedroom is a stable and successful business and has been for many years. To secure a future as successful as the past, we are building a renewed, improved and wider bedroom offer for the future for an ever-changing complete bedroom business.
Do you have a passion for home furnishings and creating a great offer? Are you inspired by people’s real life at home? Are you motivated by reaching more of the many people through a desirable and affordable range offer? Are you interested in leading product development, change and improvements keeping the consumer and the business in focus?
Right now we are looking for a Product Design Developer for our Business Area (BA) Bedroom.
In BA Bedroom we are a group of down-to-earth, straightforward people with a passion for home furnishing. We come from all over the world, but we share an inspiring vision: “to create a better everyday life for the many people”.
We develop safe, affordable quality products for a beautiful, relaxing and more organised life at home. Everything we do is based on a spirit of togetherness and enthusiasm, and we are now looking for someone who shares our positive attitude and values. As a Product Design Developer, you play a key role in our quest to improve everyday activities and needs connected to sleeping and organising shoes & clothes.
Do you want to join our fantastic team?
We are looking for you who love delivering, coordinating and reacting to current and future trends; needs, colours, materials etc. You who have deep insights into the needs and dreams of consumers and their life at home, and know how to lead design processes with an entrepreneurial approach.
As a Product Design Developer at IKEA of Sweden you bring product ideas to life through attention to all dimensions of the IKEA Democratic Design process; form, function, sustainability, low price and quality.
As a Product Design Developer you will be part of engaging the full capabilities of the value chain to deliver democratic design products with unique IKEA identity to create a better everyday life for the many people. You will work together with a multifunctional team of experts in design, sourcing & supply, engineering, marketing & communication and sales. Together, you co-create the final home furnishing product through a holistic and customer centric approach.
As a Product Design Developer for BA Bedroom you are responsible for:
• Leading the design development of better products delivering to all 5 dimensions of Democratic design being the specialist in form and function always starting with the price tag
• The content of the product development project with both vision and action
• Securing IKEA unique identity and Democratic Design in each and every product
• Transforming knowledge in life at home to insights and into actions on a product level
• Co-creating with development partners throughout total value chain, from consumer to supplier
• When applicable, utilising existing platforms, shared solutions, standard colours and materials to design for the lowest price possible
• To feed needs into development of platforms, shared solutions, standard colours and materials
• Identifying and enabling stories of the product design development to be used in communication
• Contributing in creating a high performing project team
• Contributing in creating the Range and Product plan
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role. The last day to send your application is 29 of March 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the Range & Product Design Manager, Nina Hughes at email@example.com. If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact the Recruitment Specialist Christina Appelqvist +46766113408.
We welcome your application!