Duration: 6 months initially
The Platform team creates the technology that enables our well-known international streaming media client to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, they work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join them and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across the company.
We are seeking a Product Manager to join the Client Building Blocks area. This opportunity is about rolling out a brand new client architecture and components to support their growth and mission. Enabling client development teams to develop in isolation, and focus on their core missions by providing opinionated architecture and building blocks. Perhaps more importantly our work plays a key role in their ability to scale the number of engineers and clients with sustained developer productivity.
Challenges include delivering easy-to-use APIs and frameworks for our development teams, while at the same time keeping on top of technology advances, performance, security and monitoring requirements. They are focusing on overall productivity improvements to be able to leverage more of the mobile eco-systems and to decrease investments in technology that slows them down.
As a product manager in Client Building blocks you will also work closely together with the related teams and our internal customers to deliver the right software.
- Understand theclient engineer workflows and user needs; prioritize the top pain points and opportunities and translate that into action.
- Build strong relationships with client engineers at the company.
- Craft and evolve a product vision, strategy, and roadmap that helps serve the client engineers needs at the company.
- Serve as a product evangelist for client development environments internally and externally (where relevant).
- Stay current on industry trends in the client development environments space beyond the company.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, design, and data science teams to gather feedback and requirements and better understand the future of the product.
- Collaborate with engineering to break down work into valuable releases for users and on shipping software regularly.
- Help the teams define and measure success on different dimensions (product success metrics, OKRs, etc).
- Collaborate with other product managers and engineering managers in the Client Platform to drive strategy across squads.
- Drive product initiatives at the squad level and beyond.
- English language proficiency
- You have demonstrated experience with product development, user-centered design, and agile/lean methodologies.
- You are highly empathetic and love building experiences that meet user needs.
- You have familiarity and passion in developing experiences for engineers.
- You demonstrate strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills.
- You are a team player with proven ability to work cross functionally, ideally with team members from engineering, product design, data science, marketing, among others.
- You are comfortable collaborating with engineering teammates when discussing technical tradeoffs.
- You crave responsibility, but are willing to step back and support your teams to achieve success.
- You drive momentum on your teams, but you also lead from behind and help others grow and succeed.
- You have an ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction.
- You drive initiatives beyond just the scope of your teams.
- You love inspiring engineering teams and building partnerships with multiple stakeholders.
- You love to help your team prioritize and you are adept at communicating that priority outwards.