OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Are you a scientist who is passionate about the 3Rs with experience and knowledge of in vivo studies? Do you want to join a company where your work contributes to the making of life-changing medicines to patients all over the world? We have the position for you!
We are currently looking for a Research Scientist to join our Animal Sciences and Technologies (AST) department at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg.
Animal Sciences and Technologies (AST) is a global department that delivers in vivo studies, animal care, and welfare that is compliant to internal standards and external regulations. Principles of the 3Rs are applied to all aspects of animal care and study conduction.
What you will do:
As Research Scientist at AST you will be placed in a team that works closely with the Cell Therapy area and the Renal, Cardiovascular therapy areas. The team runs in vivo studies in small and large animals and here are also daily interactions with the pre-clinical functions, Early Bioscience and DMPK departments. You will also support to the cell therapy area and perform studies with immunocompromised animals.
In the role you have responsibility for the care and welfare of laboratory animals and routine facility operations tasks including cage changing. We rely you to add technical knowledge and expertise to achieve project targets in a timely fashion and to agreed quality standards. As well as ensure that our work is performed in accordance with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), quality and compliance standards, e.g. Good Laboratory Standard (GLS).
Job tasks in the position includes:
* Contribution to the plans and designs of in vivo studies and to provide general technical and scientific advice on specific projects and studies.
* Flexible way of working across different areas and is expected to participate in provision of weekend and out of hours support.
* Responsibility for technical procedures such as study preparations, animal identification, administering of test articles and collecting biological samples.
Essential in the role:
* In vivo experience and experimental skills in the use of small animal models.
* Problem-solving skills related to in vivo research and data analysis
* Knowledge of the 3Rs and a proven track record of their implementation in the in vivo space
We see the successful candidate as a highly motivated, independent scientist who is able to work effectively as part of a team and develop ideas by incorporating the views of others. Good written and oral communication skills in English is also required.
Desirable for the role:
* In vivo experience and experimental skills in performing dosing and necropsy in small animals
* Experience of animal physiology
* Experience of introducing unique training programs increasing the welfare for in vivo species
* An understanding of the Swedish legislation on animal sciences and in vivo studies.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. We are proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. At AstraZeneca, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
If this sounds like the next challenge for you - apply today!
Welcome with your application no later than 4th of February, 2021.
For more information about the position please contact hiring manager Gunilla Linhardt at email@example.com.
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget