OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Here’s a chance to get a foot in the door to the world’s largest streaming company!
We are now looking for a backend engineer to the world’s largest streaming company.
You will be a valued member of the cross-functional Education R&D team doing both front- and backend development. Our work is to enable the next generation of creators to thrive, by giving educators the tools to build learning opportunities for their students. In our scope is also serving sales, support, finance and payments for education users.
Our challenge right now is a pleasant one: Our volume of users has grown and our tech systems are not always scaled up at the same speed. We come from a startup background (was acquired to the company in 2017) and need to mature our tech into a stable, maintainable, scalable, secure platform.
You will help the team to:
Engineer solutions that helps our internal customers from finance & payment, sales and support.
When needed: help out on engineering our core capabilities directed at our external customers.
* Design, implement and maintain features
* Evolve, modularize and strengthen our tech platform
* Collaborative coding
* Work actively with our key customers and product manager, to shape and integrate business needs into technical requirements for team work
* Drive engineering and test automation practices
* Encourage and support others in developing good sharing habits
* Maintain an understanding of, and be able to clearly explain the high level architecture and design of our systems as well as how they fit into the larger topologies. This can include driving improvement and deprecation efforts
VI SÖKER DIG SOM
Need to have:
Solid understanding and practical experience of developing solutions in Java
Nice to have:
* Frontend, any work done in the past practically with:
* Modern frameworks, eg Angular, and CSS
* Design systems
* Improving accessibility
* RESTful APIs
* You know your way around the browser developer tools, and like figuring out what makes web applications tick
* Devotion and experience in finance & payments
* A passion for crafting opportunities for students and teachers
* UX and/or design experience
* Experience with designing for accessibility
* Product development
* Interest in music creation
As a person you are:
* An experienced backend engineer and a devotion for payments & finance
* Well-rounded in both your understanding of tech as well as business impact
* Self-motivated and willing to work as a part of a cross functional team
* Passionate about modern software development and writing efficient code
* Interested in keeping up with new trends in tech
* A role model in being inclusive of others, exhibiting servant leadership in interactions and open to taking initiative that drives inclusion and psychological safety in the team
* Knowledgeable in modern web development and interested in working across the stack, programming languages, and APIs
* Open to learning (and: failing) together with your team
* A person that loves our challenges!
* Start: asap
* Work extent: full time assignment for at least six months
* Location: Stockholm (but working from home due to Covid-19)
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from our client that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget
Consultant Manager Fanny Rosén
Konsultchef Catrin Laudon
Konsultchefsassisten Anna Bengtsson
08-12 05 2224
Konsultchef Lisa Nordell