OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Do you have expertise in Cell Manufacturing / Quality Control and enjoy working in the production lab? Would you like apply your expertise in a company that push the boundaries of science and collaborate with diverse minds? Join us and be a key player in the build of our new Biopharmaceuticals R&D Cell Therapy department.
At AstraZeneca, you will be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued. We thrive in a place where the brightest and most curious minds seamlessly come together in our inclusive environment. Biopharmaceuticals R&D is committed to the development of next generation innovative medicines and we are building a new Cell Therapy department with the goal to establish AstraZeneca as a world-leader in Cell Therapy across disease areas within Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolism (CVRM) and Respiratory and Inflammation (R&I). The department will bring together >50 specialists to support the organisation with cell therapy expertise and capabilities. The new department has an agile "biotech-like" culture, with specialists in the department working closely with experts across AstraZeneca globally to leverage the existing and emerging platforms in stem cell technologies, new modalities, universal cell lines, and CRISPR-mediated genome editing.
As a Senior Cell Therapy Production Scientist you will work in the production lab with the manufacturing of cells to support cell therapy project and thus contribute significantly towards building a pipeline of cell therapy assets. The newly formed team will deliver in our aspirations to be differentiated within the cell therapy space and as such will have strong impact on the shape of AstraZeneca R&D.
The role is placed at AstraZeneca's dynamic R&D site in Gothenburg, Sweden, where you will work in an international environment at the fore-front of Cell Therapy science.
What you'll do
This is a laboratory based role within the newly formed Cell Therapy production team where you will maintain, culture and deliver cells, including stem cells (and derivatives thereof) to support cell therapy projects. You will apply your cell manufacturing knowledge and skills to drive project delivery and scientific innovation, participating actively in problem solving and collaborate globally both internally and externally. You will work independently to:
* Apply existing culture systems and be part of developing new and improved manufacturing methodologies
* Apply existing differentiation, purification and analysis protocols to study cells and their potential derivates
* Quality control of cell batches, i.e. analytical experiments to asses cell quality, properties and function
* Using your expertise to design and carry out analytical studies and experiments as well as develop and validate appropriate test methodology and specifications to achieve project aims
* Assess and report data with a clear understanding of its reliability, interpret findings, draw conclusions and propose recommendations so that their significance can be appreciated
* Ensure that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), quality and compliance standards
* Contribute to the development of new and innovative techniques and methodologies related to Cell therapy manufacturing
* Contribute in external collaborations, e.g. with academic institutions and contract research organisations
Essential for the role
* M.Sc./B.Sc. in Cell Biology, Engineering or equivalent experience
* Expertise in Cell manufacturing and/or quality control of cells for Cell Therapy.
* Experience in applying differentiation protocols for generation of complex cell types
* Experience in qualification and validation of cell production methodologies.
* Solid experience working in a quality system driven production environment
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
* Experience of i Cell line development/engineering, cell technologies industry and/or the cell therapy process is a plus
So, what's next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
For more information about the position please contact hiring manager Johan Hyllner (email@example.com)
Welcome with your application no later than May 23, 2021
Where can I find out more?
Our Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Life in Gothenburg: https://www.movetogothenburg.com/
Culture and atmosphere of the Gothenburg site: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6496327311678410752/
Our Gothenburg site is one of AstraZeneca's three strategic science centers. We thrive in a multinational environment working cross-functionally across the globe with AstraZeneca colleagues as well as academic and industry partners. Our way of life is to foster a working environment that nurtures, collaboration, openness and innovation. Therefore, we have created space for meetings, socializing and relaxation, where spontaneous meetings can give birth to new innovations. The unexpected ideas or thoughts that can come from a chat over something as simple as a cup of coffee or a stroll on our "walk and talk" meeting trail.
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget