OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Adecco Life Science is now recruiting a Senior research scientist to AstraZeneca, Gothenburg! Your expertise lies within Cell Science with focus on eukaryotic cell culture and recombinant protein expression.
This is a consultant assignment that will start on March 13th 2017 and proceed until May 31st 2018. Since interviews are held on a regular basis I am looking forward to your application as soon as possible, however, no later than February 16th.
At AstraZeneca, innovation is more than just research. As one of the world´s leading pharmaceutical companies, we´re focused on providing medicines that make a real difference in patient care. AstraZeneca R&D Gothenburg, is a place where you can help us continue to lead the industry in research and development. It´s also a place with an entrepreneurial and collaborative culture, where you´ll feel valued, energised and rewarded for your ideas and contributions. A place where talented people can immerse themselves in their work and make significant contributions towards scientific excellence.
You will join the Discovery Sciences organization, working within a first-class scientific environment to support drug discovery. The Reagents and Assay Development department (RAD) of Discovery Sciences, is responsible for the generation of novel cellular reagents and assays to support projects in all phases of the drug discovery pipeline. We are seeking a Senior Research Scientist to join our team in Gothenburg Sweden, where we focus on delivering reagents and assays primarily for Cardiovascular and Metabolic diseases and Respiratory and Autoimmunity.
• To be lab-based, providing strong expertise in the competency of Cell Science with focus on eukaryotic cell culture and recombinant protein expression.
• To propose experimental strategies, troubleshoot problems and to make a significant contributions to the practical delivery of projects in accordance with all AstraZeneca policies.
• A strong mammalian cell and baculovirus expression knowledge is necessary.
• It is essential to have good social and communication skills
• be collaborative and a strong team player.
• Be able to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and problem solving attitude.
• Good organisational skills are required and you should be comfortable in presenting your results.
• Excellent English is required, both spoken and in writing.
Highly desirable skills
• Mammalian and Insect (Baculovirus) cell culture
• Protein expression to enable the purification of proteins for structure, target validation and/or assays
• Production of cells and membranes to be used for target validation and screening
• Large scale cell culture (eg. Wave, cell factories, etc.)
• Experience generating viruses for expression and cell line generation (Baculovirus, BacMam, Lentivirus)
• Transient transfection utilising different technologies such as Maxcyte and PEI transfection
• Protein characterization (SDS-PAGE, Western blot, affinity-based purification)
You should have a Ph. D. degree or corresponding experience in a relevant scientific discipline with experience in drug discovery or, alternatively, a first degree and significant relevant experience in drug discovery.
What do we offer?
Adecco Life Science is a specialized Business Line within Adecco. We work exclusively with Staffing Services and Recruitment of personnel within the Life Science industry. Our expertise lies within all areas of Life Science such as R&D, Production, Quality Assurance, Clinical Research, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, Marketing & Sales and many more. Our customers are companies, of different sizes, within the Pharmaceutical-, Biotech- and Medtech- industries. As the largest recruiting and staffing company in the world our most valuable assets are our consultants. With us, you as a consultant will be appreciated for your difference-making competence within Life Science!
Adecco Life Science can offer you the opportunity of interesting assignments and positions at attractive companies that perhaps never will be put out on the open market! For your security as a consultant, you are covered by our collective agreement and by insurance and corporate healthcare. We also want you to stay healthy and therefore offer you healthcare contributions and discounts on training cards. We arrange social activities continuously where you are able to share your experiences with our other consultants.
Are you interested?
Then you should apply as soon as possible. The position is soon to be filled and therefore work with recruitment is being done on a continual basis.
Unfortunately we cannot accept applications through e-mail, but if you have questions regarding the position contact Nalin Yilmaz, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your application!
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget
08-598 981 58
08-598 980 22
08-598 980 00