OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Are you a scientist with passion and experience in experimental design and great knowledge of in vivo studies? Do you want to join a company where your work contributes to the making of life-changing medicines to patients all over the world?
Welcome to come join our Animal Sciences and Technologies (AST) department as a Senior Research Scientist- Study Director at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg!
The Animal Sciences and Technologies (AST) is a global department that delivers in-vivo studies, animal care, and welfare that is compliant to internal standards and external regulations. Principles of the 3Rs are applied to all aspects of animal care and study conduction.
What you'll do:
The role is placed in a team that works closely with the Respiratory & Immunology (R&I) therapy area to support discovery phase projects with investigative toxicological in vivo studies in small and large animals. There are also daily interactions with the Early R&I bioscience and DMPK departments planning and executing PK studies and efficacy studies with safety endpoints.
Job tasks in the position includes:
* Study Director for in vivo studies in support of pre-clinical discovery/early development projects.
* Design and execute pre-clinical discovery safety projects.
* Integration and interpretation of scientific data in close collaboration with preclinical representatives.
* Provide scientific and technical in vivo expertise.
* Work flexibly across different areas and participate in provision of weekend and out of hours support when required.
Essentials in the role:
* Experience as Study Director/project planner for in vivo studies
* In vivo experience and experimental skills in the use of animal models.
* Problem-solving skills related to in vivo research and data analysis
* Good written and oral communication skills in English
* As highly motivated, independent scientist be able to work effectively as part of a team and develop ideas by incorporating the views of others
Desirable in the role:
* Experience as Study Director for Toxicology Studies
* Ideally have a PhD or a proven track record of in vivo work in a relevant discipline
* Experience in the handling and training of animals
* Understanding of statistical methods, quality control and data reporting/archiving
* Proven history of oral presentations and publishing scientific data.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. We are proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. At AstraZeneca, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
If this sounds like the place and job for you - apply today!
We look forward to you application, but no later than August 14, 2020.
For more information about the position please contact hiring manager Steven Oag at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information about our fantastic city and site:
Our Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Life in Gothenburg: https://www.movetogothenburg.com/
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget