OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Adventure Box is developing a streamed, multiplayer, 3D game platform and social network for mobile and desktop web browsers. New users can quickly create and edit 3D voxel-based games, and share them with friends. An ecosystem of content sharing nurtures creativity and fun.
Are you a talented UI Designer with ambitions to work and thrive at the cutting edge? Our product is young, and has a lot of growth ahead. Have you always wanted to build software your friends love? You can do it here, at Adventure Box, where we help gamers play, make, and share games, together, with friends.
About Adventure Box
Adventure Box faces many interesting UX research, UX design, and UI design challenges, in part because our market is huge. More kids, more adults, and more nationalities can be reached through desktop and mobile browsers, than through a downloaded application. UX research informs us where users hit confusion (so we can fix that), find delight (so we can emphasize that), and achieve creative flow (so we can enhance that). UX design streamlines our onboarding, making, and sharing. UI design helps us provide seamless interactivity on mobile and desktop, with visual cues and consistency that inspires user delight and long term retention.
UI Designer Role
The UI Designer role participates in the "value team" at Adventure Box, creating user delight and helping increase our user retention and virality through great design.
- A portfolio demonstrating your work in web-based UI Design for games or visual content editors
- Formal training in UI Design or Interactive Design
- Evidence of working with UX researchers or UX designers, or doing this yourself
- Competency in React, and/or Storybook.js
- UI design templates that you wrote to standardize or teach others
- Other artifacts that show how your UI Design work was adopted by others
- At least 3 years of commercial experience in UI Design
- Commercial UI designs that are now public
- Familiarity with agile work environments
- Fluent in English (CV and cover letter must be in English)
We expect you to have several years of experience, preferably with web games on mobile and desktop. We pride ourselves on our diversity, and know the best developers come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and genders, so we’re mainly looking for demonstrated skill and drive. We like people who will learn and grow with us.
About working with us
As a UI Designer, you are the face of Adventure Box.
We have a nice office in Södermalm, Stockholm close to subway and pendeltåg stations, where you can work if you live near Stockholm. Currently, our engineers are about half remote, working largely in the Central European Time zone, with folks in Sweden, France, Spain, and Malta.
Would you like to work with people like us, doing what we do? We can learn from each other, and have some fun. Whether you are available immediately, or need a few months to make a change, we are interested in you.