OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
At Research & Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation of outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
The Aerodynamics team within the Environment & Fluid Dynamics department is a part of the Complete Vehicle organization at P&Q. At Aerodynamics we work closely together with Product Design and other engineering departments to development the vehicle exterior as well as components and systems for efficient energy use in the vehicle to ensure class-leading fuel economy and stable driving dynamics. We work with both advanced research, the pre-project phases and project development to ensure our future competitiveness and competence.
As Senior Analysis Engineer Aerodynamics you will be involved in the pre-study work for vehicle programs. You will set the aerodynamic targets for the complete vehicle and will break these targets down this into system and functional requirements. These targets are then narrowed down to the system owners at the respective engineering departments.
The role of Senior Analysis Engineer may also involve working as a Product Owner or Principle Engineer
Your key tasks is
• Be a spokesperson for the attribute of Aerodynamics
• Work closely together with other departments to set the right requirements for our vehicles
• Be responsible for setting aerodynamic targets on complete vehicles
• Be our expert in proposing the best possible technical solution to fulfil aerodynamic targets
• Plan, prepare and perform test assignments and CFD calculations
• Participate in the development of new testing and analysis methods
• Conduct analysis and create recommendations from CFD calculations and wind tunnel tests
• Contribute to the development of the section and the department's work process
Do you fit the profile?
• Minimum BSc in fluid-/aerodynamic
• Experience from the Automotive industry
• Drivers licens B
• Fluent in English, spoken and written
• Demonstrated experience in wind tunnel testing is meritorious
• Demonstrated experience in CFD flow simulations is meritorious
• Experience of Project development is meritorious
• Project leading experience is meritorious
• Experience of product development is meritorious
• Enjoy working as part of a team
• Holistic point of view
• Analytic and structured
• Customer focused
• Be involved and encourage others
• Great communication skills
How to learn more and apply
Questions regarding the recruitment process? Please contact Maria Westermark, email@example.com
We want your application December 11th 2020, at the latest but selection will be running continuously.
Please note due to GDPR we only accept application via Our Recruitment Tool
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget
+46 31 333 60 50