OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
WHAT YOU`LL NEED TO HAVE
Do you want to be a part of the exciting initiative “Store with fulfilment capabilities” and together create the IKEA store of tomorrow? Are you passionate about store logistics operations and have a solid background within logistics, project and change management?
We are seeking for a person who enjoys applying strategic, tactical and operational approach for analysing business opportunities from customer perspective and is driven to influence improvement of the business with focus on customer satisfaction. You have strong communication skills and collaborative mind-set and get energized by giving support/guidance and act as an adviser/coach for our countries. You have the ability to act within the global framework in order to achieve local/market/organisation goals, identify needs and drive changes within the organisation acting in multi-cultural, interdependent and matrix environments. In addition, you possess strong analytical capability to enable translation of business and customer needs into development initiatives.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have been working within the field of Logistics/Supply Chain/Distribution, on both operational and tactical level (preferably connected to store logistics). During the years, you have achieved a comprehensive understanding and deep knowledge about store fulfilment operations/warehousing operations, outbound processes, goods flow and the specific IKEA processes. You have also been working with indirect leadership in a complex environment, delivering business results and have proven ability to influence in a matrix organisation. We do also believe you have the ability to successfully lead projects and processes on country/national level.
Within the initiative of “Store with fulfilment capabilities”, you will contribute to the deployment of the IKEA Store Fulfilment solutions and working methods and be responsible for high performing operations. You will contribute with both knowledge and expertise to optimal operational and multichannel development bridging the knowledge from the store with fulfilment capability development into a country individual deployment on specific store projects. Your role should analyse the pre-conditions met in a specific country, matching it with the prerequisites required to use a special solution. Together with the service fulfilment operations leader and the automation technicians you define the right sizing and the working methods to be implemented into a store. Another important task would be to provide support, guidance and sharing best practices for all fulfilment operations in the nominated IKEA stores of the defined deployment activity with the respective market function to secure an inspiring and motivating environment.
You will be responsible for:
• keeping the total picture of Store Fulfilment deployment activities together and synchronised
• monitoring the progress of the nominated SISAN CFF projects in cooperation with country and global expansion during the planning process
• give support for the countries from a business perspective on provided business cases and project success criteria’s.
• Cooperate and moderate the process of flow analysis, work process design and order structure analysis with the goal of achieving best solution fit.
• Contribute to range analysis discussion for fulfilment store, range feasible for automation solutions and for hybrid article working method.
• support to set up operations in a way to yield best utilization of the deployed solutions
• for the development and improvement of existing working methods, processes and solutions for the Group and Market Store Operations function
• securing the quality and performance of all running fulfilment operations in all IKEA stores operations
This is a temporary assignment for a period of 2 years. The location is Malmö, but commuter assignment could also be an option. You will report to Project Manager Fulfilment Store.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
The Store with Fulfilment Capabilities Initiative is a key initiative within Job #6 and one of IKEAs strategic transition projects becoming the leading multichannel home furnishing retailer. The assignment is to deploy a portfolio of solutions to empower existing stores with fulfilment capabilities, making them a key element in the multichannel network while keeping their commerciality in meeting our customers. This portfolio covers the end to end process of order fulfilment in a store from Goods Receiving, to storage, picking, order preparation, order storage up to outbound&handover from stores and they need to be adopted to the countries’ needs.
The deployment Initiative is asked:
• to implement new store designs in multiple markets across the world
• run several automation projects enabling higher throughput of flows from existing stores
• match technologies and working methods with return on investments evaluations of countries and find the sweet spot to balance both
• secure that required digital enhancements are delivered and implemented in respective units
Group Customer Fulfilment (CFF) is a fundamental part in making IKEA multichannel retailing a reality. To support IKEA in achieving business objectives, CFF acts as a customer-centric, fully integrated, process-oriented organisation with an end-to-end approach. Enabling us to develop our business and deliver results across functions together with our partners. We are focusing on providing a seamless shopping experience with great quality in all touchpoints for the many people.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT?! LET`S CONNECT!
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process please reach out to Freja Fahlén Samuelsson at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. We will be reviewing applications on a continuous basis.
Warmly welcome with your application!