OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
As VP Press Officer, you are responsible for the media relations of the company nationally as well as globally. An important focus will be to support the business of Saab by acting as spokesperson - in close interaction with senior management. The function has a central role in the sales process of the company and it is vital to have an interest in, overview and insight into the product offering, the driving forces of the markets and the society in general - to move and develop positions forward.
You will be heading a team of five persons and lead the daily work initiating, prioritizing content and message in different channels. The team members are placed in Stockholm and in London. It is important to maintain a rapid and pro-active way of handling the press function, where relations with media and other stake-holders are constantly developed. The role reports to Head of Group Communications and is member of the Group's Communications management team. The function works closely with the different departments across the organization. The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and travelling should be anticipated.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
* define and implement group media relations strategies to promote and strengthen the brand, support business objectives and goals of the function,
* act as group spokesperson, write group press releases, manage group press hotline, and coordinate international media requests,
* build and maintain relationships with key journalists in Sweden and internationally,
* provides senior management support related to media management,
* coordinate cross-functional internally,
* provide media and spokespeople training, and
* contribute to and be part of the issues management and crisis organization.
Saab is searching for an ambitious, structured and results-driven senior communicator, who knows the creation and execution of external affairs. The candidate should have a proven track record, university degree and at least ten years of relevant experience in media relations - several of those in an international environment - at a public company or an agency. High strategic capability and good judgment in tactical decision is needed.
The candidate has:
* proven experience in effectively communicating with top-level executives and outside thought leaders to win support. Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to partner effectively within the department and across the organization,
* demonstrated ability to present complex business ideas, strategies and results succinctly and persuasively at the senior executive level and with external parties,
* proven ability to be both proactive and reactive with national and international media,
* delivers compelling verbal communications - even on contentious topics - with confidence and sensitivity,
* proven experience of successfully building and driving broad media programs,
* easy to conceptualize and packaged messages and stories,
* strong ability to handle writing and editing of communications, including press releases, Q&As and communications platforms.
* genuine interest in and understanding of the changes in the communication environment,
* Excellent Swedish and English skills written and spoken are mandatory
* Convincing communicator
* Mature and calm - ability to act in multi-faceted environment and stress-full situations
* Service-oriented with a problem-solving attitude and a desire to simplify and streamline methods
* Ability to influence and work with others
* Strong desire to develop professionally
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
Due Date: 2020-09-20
What you will be a part of
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defence to civil security. With operations on every continent, Saab continuously develops, adapts and improves new technology to meet customers' changing needs.
The most important markets today are Europe, Brazil, UAE, Australia and the US. Saab has around 17,000 employees. Annual sales amount to around SEK 35 billion.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal - to help protect people.