Utilifeed is a growing startup looking for a talented, motivated full stack developer with a Frontend focus. The candidate should enjoy working with complex problems and designing, testable, maintainable code while contributing to an ambitious development team.
Our purpose with this recruitment
- Accelerate the development pace of our web application.
- Strengthen the skill set of our team within the area of building user friendly web applications for analysis and visualization of (sometimes) large amounts of data.
- Further improve the quality of our releases.
- Add an in-house resource to our development team who feel a strong ownership and pride in delivering highest possible user experience for our customers.
Who we believe you are
A passionate developer who enjoys writing a high quality code and building robust innovative products. An enjoyment of both frontend and backend development is preferred, as Utilifeed is a fast moving start-up with shifting challenges as we mature.
You should derive satisfaction from working and contributing to a technical team where your input makes a profound difference in a short time frame.
Technical skills desired
At least 3 years experience.
- Full stack with a focus on frontend development, react experience is strongly preferred. Extensive experience with other modern frontend frameworks is acceptable. If you have worked on any exciting react projects with interesting challenges tell us.
- Python and SQL/Postgres experience is desirable. Alternative backend experience such as Java is also acceptable.
- Additional experience working in a production environment with skills such as testing and setting up automated QA pipelines is also desired.
- Good English skills (language of communication for the tech team).
- Swedish is desired but not essential.
- Outspoken in pointing out problems or issues.
Critical success factors
Utilifeed has an analytics platform that utilizes a data heavy frontend to allow users to access a large number of standard and custom metrics. This places some design challenges on the developer:
- Careful design of the frontend application;
- Sound technical knowledge of good state design and update patterns.
- Robust collaboration with Product Owners to provide the technical information to them to adjust requirements to achieve the best possible outcome.
At Utilifeed we encourage learning, and support of team members in solving challenges as efficiently as possible while aiming to continuously improve in all areas. This allows plenty of scope for improving code and the best practices in the organisation. Our development process is scrum based. In addition, we aim at an equal gender distribution.
- Write high quality testable code.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Contribute to the functioning and growth of the technical team.
- Clearly communicate with the technical team and other stakeholders in the product development lifecycle.
Compensation will be market related based on skills and experience. There is also an opportunity to earn stock options in Utilifeed to share the financial outcome of the success we all strive for in Utilifeed.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter describing yourself and how you can contribute to our challenge of building a state of the art platform for Utilities. In addition you will have to answer a number of questions during the application process. Expect this to take 15-30 minutes. We are also planning for some code tests later in the recruitment process for short listed candidates. Interviewing will be continuous for this position until it is filled.
We are not interested in agency collaboration for this recruitment!