Help us simplify the world – beyond keys and pins!
We make things better – replacing keys and pins with biometrics – improving security, saving time and making life more convenient. With your curiosity, engagement, brilliant ideas and our knowledge of biometric technology, we can make genius things together!
About the company
Fingerprints is a leading global biometric company and our solutions are integrated into millions of devices and applications and used billions of times every day. We develop and deliver secure and convenient identification and authentication systems and create value by facilitating the everyday lives of our global user base. Fingerprints biometric systems consist of sensors, algorithms, software and packaging technologies. Our success is built on product development with leading specialist competence that spawns world-leading products in terms of security, user convenience and performance.
When joining us, you will become a part of a friendly, diverse and skilled team where we encourage each other to collaborate, come up with new ideas, share experiences and have fun.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Algorithm development engineer to expand our algorithm team, located in Copenhagen.
Your main responsibilities as an Algorithm development engineer include algorithm analysis, design and implementation. Key metrics guiding your work will be biometric performance, implementation complexity and architecture flexibility. You will work in close collaboration with HW and SW teams.
As part of our team, you will join a significant R&D effort and play a key role in the development of biometric algorithms for current and future modalities, adapted to smartphones, wearables, smartcards, as well as other devices and business segments. The algorithm team is a central part of R&D and is characterized by a high level of professional competence, as well as an open, friendly and innovative work environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for accomplished algorithm professionals to be part of a dedicated and highly competent team of peers!
Who you are
The right candidates match the following profiles, with Master or Ph.D. level academic qualifications:
• Image/signal processing, image analysis, computer vision: Knowledge of and experience with image analysis and processing, with proficiency in several of the following areas: image registration, pattern recognition, optimization, sensor control and impairment corrections, classification, regression, clustering, in addition to general competences in statistics, signal analysis, computational geometry or adjacent fields. You have an ability to perform system-level optimizations or in-depth algorithmic analyses, in order to identify trade-offs between effectiveness and efficiency, for example, in order to operate within a given computational budget.
• Machine learning: Experience with modelling, estimation and inference for data-driven applications of supervised and unsupervised learning. You have a solid understanding of and can apply state-of-the-art machine learning methods to pattern recognition problems such as feature extraction, alignment and classification. Methods and implementations that you have experience with could include feature and metric learning, (convolutional/deep) neural networks, support vector machines, convex/non-linear optimization, Bayesian estimation and inference, as well as graphical models.
Competences & Skills
• You have industry experience in algorithm development, implementation, verification and optimization in a relevant field.
• You have significant programming experience in C/C++, Python, and/or Matlab.
• Experience with optical (camera) imaging systems is considered an advantage.
• Experience with software development and software quality assurance processes are considered an advantage.
• You have excellent communication and presentation skills and fluency in spoken and written English.
• You have strong analytical skills and attention to detail, and can analyze, document, and communicate scientific data and technical information in a precise and clear way
• You are a team player with a positive problem-solving attitude.
• You are open to learn new things and are driven by a deep technical interest.
• You can drive assignments independently and self-manage priorities.
Please send your application and CV via our career page as soon as possible, but no later than January 31st, 2021. Please note that due to GDPR applications by email will not be accepted. The selection process will start as soon as we receive applications.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the hiring manager, Sr. Director Kent Pedersen at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding your application, please send an email to HR, email@example.com