Does your heart skip a beat for great mobile apps? Are you keen on being at the forefront of technology? Wonderful, then we already have something in common! We are looking for an Android Developer with a curious mind to solve fun and complex problems in our Stockholm office. Send us your application today!
As an Android developer, you will join Viaplay with the mission to further develop and maintain our mobile apps, keep them best-in-class and the main entry point to Viaplay. You’ll be involved in the whole development lifecycle (definition, development, maintenance, etc.) and everyday work will consist of development, design, complexity assessment, test and deployment and much more. We thrive in using cutting edge technology, always keeping up to date and constantly challenging status quo.
You will join a cross-functional team (client and backend development, QA, UI/UX, product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers on clear goals based on our customer journey and are fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals. In other words, if you are into working in an innovative way and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - we have an offer you can’t refuse!
The challenge ahead
We want to strengthen our team with experienced Android Developers to join the journey of expanding Viaplay to new markets. After a successful launch in Iceland last year and the Baltics in March, our plans are to enter the US & Poland before end of the year. And this is just the beginning. We’ll also add 10 new markets by the end of 2023. Pretty exciting, right?
You will work within an expanding organisation that strives for excellence by taking responsibility and pitching in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team. We truly believe in the power of working together - where every team member has their own area of expertise but is open to learning new things, working on multiple technical platforms and lending a fresh pair of eyes to help their neighbour solve a problem.
We take pride in being an inventive company and use bleeding edge technology where test driven development and continuous deployments are central in the deployment process. We do our best to create a relaxed atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home and we hope that you will too.
What we are looking for
To be our next colleague, we believe you are currently working as an Android Developer with several years of experience of building native mobile apps. If you are passionate about outstanding audio- and video quality - and want to bring that to our millions of customers - this is the role you.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Solid experience solving complex problems on Android platforms.
- Experience from building apps that are live on Google Play.
- Fluency in Java, Kotlin and Android SDK.
- Commitment to CI, automation and other efficient workflow-oriented practices.
- Dedication to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices.
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience from media, streaming or advertisement.
- Experience workin with Android TV and/or the Leanback library.
What we offer you
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics and beyond. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. Some of the benefits we offer you when working here are:
- An agile approach, freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks, pair programming and mob programming.
- An innovative environment with hackdays two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
We want to hear from you!
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV or LinkedIn profile. If you have any questions, contact our recruiter Lisa Sindsjö at email@example.com.
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be - so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
NENT Group is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences - from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.