Do you want to take part in the mission to become the European Streaming Champion? Are you keen on being at the forefront of technology? We are looking for talented Android Developers with a curious mindset to solve fun and complex problems in our Viaplay team. Is this your next challenge? Send us your application today!
We want to strengthen our team with experienced Android Developers to join the journey of expanding Viaplay to new markets. As part of a newly started, cross-functional team with a focus on Framework devices, you will be working with the development of our TV application platforms. You will collaborate with our highly skilled Android guild, where you will exchange knowledge and experience with developers across different teams. And of course - we will teach you everything we know about Android TV!
We offer a steep learning curve and you will eventually have the opportunity to optimize our current application to fit the purpose of our partnerships. In other words; this is a chance you don’t want to miss out on!
The journey ahead
Our team mission is to make sure that our Viaplay app is easily adapted to the latest devices and is prepared to challenge new markets. Android TV is one of the biggest and fastest-growing platforms in the TV segment and is a key focus area for Viaplay. Supporting many devices and market needs requires Viaplay to be flexible and handle functionality customizations while maintaining a solid user experience and a high degree of component reuse. To achieve that we think you will:
- Take pride in making our Android TV application run smoothly across all different types of TV devices (Google TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Partner set-top-boxes).
- Appreciate working hands-on with new gadgets.
- Be creative in finding ways we can produce more with less effort.
- Drive technical collaborations with a variety of development teams of our partners across all our markets.
What we are looking for
To be our next colleague, we believe you have several years of experience working as an Android Developer, preferably with some expertise on the Android TV platform already. You are up-to-date with the latest tech and thrive in an environment where you get challenged when solving complex problems. If you are passionate about product development and delivering outstanding audio and video experiences to millions of customers - this is the role for you.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Solid experience solving complex problems on Android platforms.
- Experience with modern Android development libraries (Jetpack Navigation, Room, etc.).
- Fluency in Kotlin, Java and Android SDK.
- Experience in working with performance issues, troubleshooting and similar.
- Deep understanding of memory management and detecting memory leaks.
- Deep understanding of loading bitmaps in Android using Glide.
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience in development using Android Leanback library.
- Experience in customizing Leanback components (Presenter, ObjectAdapter, etc).
- Experience in video player development (Exoplayer).
- Familiar with threading.
- Experience with embedded systems and lower-level operations.
What we offer you
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics and beyond. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. Some of the benefits we offer you when working here are:
- An agile approach, freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks, pair programming and mob programming.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Hit Play on your career!
If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Lisa Sindsjö at email@example.com.
http://www.nentgroup.com/) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be - so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ.) (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds - from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘NENT A’ and ‘NENT B’).