OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Internationella Engelska Skolan (IES) is a leading independent school group ("friskola") with academic results far above average and a diverse and energetic staff. Teaching is through both Swedish and English, with English the language of the corridors. IES is one of Sweden's largest school groups at "Grundskolan" with 39 schools and around 28,000 students across the country. IES has grown steadily and maintained quality since 1993.
More about the company and its schools can be found at www.engelska.se
IES Årsta is a Grade 4-9 compulsory School in the inner city suburb of Årsta, Stockholm. We have a diverse group of 768 students from across the Stockholm region and we teach 44 different mother tongue languages for our students.
We are now recruiting for a new Assistant Principal - Student Care to further develop our school.
As Assistant Principal - Student Care your role is to ensure the school environment is positive, calm and safe with the highest academic expectations of its students and staff. You work closely with the Principal and the Assistant Principal - Academics to continuously develop learning and student achievement by ensuring the emotional and social well being of all students. The position leads the strategic, preventative and administrative operations within all areas of student care. By leading the Heads of School and wider student care team, you develop the schools preventative work for the fair and equal treatment of all students and staff, the local mentor curriculum and the systematic quality work within student care. As a member of the Assistant Principal group, you attend central meetings at IES Head Office and liaise with the IES Head of Pastoral Care to work on cross-organisational initiatives that aim to constantly raise the standard of education within IES.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Ensure the school environment is safe, calm and a positive place of learning.
- Lead and develop the work for student health and wellbeing.
- Create and maintain a safe and calm environment in line with the ‘IES Basic defining policy documents.’
- Ensure the preventative work regarding student health and anti-bullying is implemented and developed.
- Ensure student democracy and student leadership is promoted and developed on a whole school level.
- Lead and develop the Heads of House in their work to promote a positive and safe school.
- Lead and develop the psycho social and student work environment.
- Lead and develop the school’s community engagement measures to ensure we are a positive and collaborative member of our local community.
- Lead and have staffing responsibility for Student Care Coordinator.
- Lead and have staffing responsibility for Heads of School and some förstelärare.
- Lead and have staffing responsibility for the Heads of House.
- Lead and have staffing responsibility for the Nurses and Counsellors.
- Lead and having staffing responsibility for Student Support, Student Assistants and Junior Club.
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget