At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. Storytel is one of the world’s leading audiobook and eBook streaming services and we offer unlimited listening to consumers in 20+ markets, with several new markets launching in the coming year. Our vision is to make the world a more empathetic place with great stories to be shared and enjoyed by anyone, anywhere, anytime. We are now looking for a Business Controller to join the team!
About the team
You will be joining our Controlling team and report to the Head of Group Controlling. The team is part of the Storytel Business Administration department and consists of seven controllers. We exist to enable Storytel to realize its long-term goals and vision by making forecasts, following up on those forecasts and influence the organization to make the right decisions based on sound financial analysis.
About the Role
Within the Controlling team, you will be the dedicated Business Controller for one of our six geographical hubs, responsible for analyzing how your markets are performing both financially and operationally. You will work closely with the respective Country Managers by creating business cases and evaluating strategies. As well as supporting our Global organization with valuable insights. Given the Controlling team's central role within the group, you will work with colleagues from most of our departments on a regular basis. In the international environment that is Storytel, you will also strive to improve workflows and processes that can help Storytel grow efficiently.
What you will do:
- Identify and drive improvement initiatives and undertake ad-hoc analysis to understand business implications of proposed actions
- Follow up, evaluate and make recommendations for improvements on financial performance and KPIs
- Work closely with Country Managers and Head of Hubs to provide input on how the business is performing
- Ad-hoc analysis and supporting other business areas with various business cases
- Drive and improve financial planning and forecasting
To be successful in this role we believe that you have:
- At least 3 years of experience. Preferably from a similar role, or one of the larger management consultancy/accounting firms
- University degree within Business Administration, Finance or equal
- Strong analytical mindset and loves to work with Excel and/or database handling/BigQuery
- High communicative skills when presenting complex analysis to various stakeholder
- Being both a team player and a driving force in your own area, and be able to identify and initiate various projects and tasks
What we offer
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity are welcomed. We like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture - characterized by being welcoming and helpful - is important to us. We don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement; we highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. And of course - you get unlimited listening to audio and eBooks from our service!
Does this sound like you? If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, let us know and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Kontaktpersoner på detta företaget