OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Northvolt has an exciting opportunity for a couple of Cell Test Technicians to join our bold product test team and play a key role in testing and evaluating safety and performance of our cells during the different development phases, from prototyping to production of Li-ion cells.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in establishing the Cell testing laboratories of the first large scale European factory for Li-ion cells. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society. We are continuously building a team of experienced engineers and great leaders with industry background.
You will support the engineers in defining equipment specifications, choose the best equipment and programme for a given task as well as maintaining the equipment and the test methods for evaluating cells. Furthermore, you will be responsible for executing the work to high quality standards, be responsible for procedures and documentation associated with the cell testing activities. Core responsibility will be to run and supervise the tests using a range of advanced safety test equipment and cycling equipment and keeping records of the tests and the results. You will work very closely with the Validation engineers who are the project owners providing the test plans, schedules and test programmes.
The Cell Test Technician will be able to operate cell testing equipment, mounting and dis-mounting jigs and cells, preparing reliable electrical connections and overseeing test progress and results. You have experience from working with various test equipment and product testing, preferably in the electronics industry and are used to structuring your work in an efficient way. You will play an important role to support Research & Development in executing the safety and performance testing of the cells and you will collaborate with Northvolt R&D, Quality, Validation, IT & Automation and Production teams.
In general, you have experience in testing operations with different test equipment and work independently with a good sense of responsibility and commitment. Specifically, you have a deep understanding of working and cooperating cross-functionally in a multicultural environment with R&D, Quality and Production. You will be based at the facility in Västerås with occasional travel to the project office in Stockholm.
The candidate should be analytical and logical with an ability to identify opportunities and improvements to drive increased quality through data driven approaches. The candidate should have strong technical and hands-on abilities in order to succeed in this role.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Start-up of test equipment and writing first test procedures
· Develop and document methods and procedures for cell testing together with R&D and Validation engineers
· Run tests on a range of cell testing equipment and report data/results
· Execute testing according to rigorous safety procedures
· Specific expertise in interpretation of cell performance is a merit
· Develop and propose new evaluation and test methods
· Execute the cell testing plans of each product development project
· Maintain the equipment and work space to a high standard
· Experience from working with new software and driving automation of testing and data evaluation
· Work across many parts of the organisation, collaborating with R&D technical team, Process engineering, Supply Chain, IT & automation.
The person we are looking for is a team player, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden. Our organisation requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Cell Testing Technician is vital to Northvolt customer satisfaction since you will directly work with evaluating and testing their prototype samples.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Skills & Requirements
· Relevant technical high school education, preferably in electronics or a related field
· Basic understanding of electric circuits
· 1-2 years of relevant work experience in test laboratory environment
· Ability to learn new computer software
· Experience of laboratory work in relevant industry, e.g. Li-ion, electronics, semiconductors, solar cells etc.
· Experience in developing test methods, standards, procedures and documentation in an efficient way.
· Proven track record of efficient execution of test plans
· Knowledgeable in Lean principles
· Curious, technically educated and hands-on attitude
· Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
· Highly organised and results driven
· Methodical and an eye for detail
· Proactive and goes beyond expectations
· Able to learn and acquire new information very quickly
· Exceptionally good problem-solving skills
· Has a "can do" attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
· Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
· Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
· Passionate & purpose driven