OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Scania is driving the shift towards sustainable transports, with new technologies comes new challenges. In this new transport environment we need to meet both new and existing regulations. The Certification and Regulations, Environment team is dedicated to handle topics that arises from emissions, noise and greenhouse gas emissions regulations. The open position concerns emissions regulations for the complex and demanding US market for industrial and marine engines.
We work with the whole chain from legal requirements analysis, certification and support to our markets on behalf of Scania Engines. The tasks include a variety of responsibilities related to the product segments industrial engines, power generation and marine engines:
• Monitoring legal requirements
We work through Scania’s distributors and participate in international workgroups that are in contact with legislators.
• Analysing legal requirements
Together with engineering and other functions, we provide valuable input to ensure that Scania’s engines are developed to meet existing and future requirements.
• Certification of engines
Providing guidance to and assisting development engineers to test engines and develop technical writing with a complex content. We assist over a broad area containing software functionality and calibration, emissions performance, emissions durability as well as aftertreatment characteristics and performance. Towards the end of the certification process, the application for certification is formalized by compiling Scania’s applications for certificates for US EPA and CARB authorities.
• Market support
Keeping certificates up to date and supporting Scania’s distributors in their national approval processes. We support the market with legal analyses, phrased in a way that the customer will understand.
• To be successful, you need the ability to combine an understanding of combustion engines with an understanding of legal requirements, measurement technology, performance, emissions and diagnostics.
• You have an engineering degree.
• You need to be fluent in English both written and spoken.
• You enjoy working in a broad network both internally and externally with authorities and distributors.
• You are structured, have good coordinating skills and enjoy working both with details and the overall level.