As a Character Artist at Embark you will play an important and creative role being part of designing, building and implementing the characters and creatures.
You will work closely to programmers, animators, technical artists, technical animators etc. to be part of changing how we build characters in the future, within games and digital entertainment.
Your passion is to surprise players with well-tuned and beautifully built experiences. You enjoy a variety of games - sometimes deconstructing and analyzing, other times just playing.
You think hard about how players explore and experience games, and you imagine a future where players can be part of creating their own unique experiences.
You know that experimenting is a gamble. But you have a knack for choosing the smartest route, and you know when it’s time to declare success or failure. You make sure to balance meaningful innovation with executing best practices.
Example of responsibilities
- Model and texture highly detailed game character and creature models
- Participate in playtests and provide feedback on the game
- Scan characters and clean up photogrammetry
- Collaborate with your fellow game makers
We would love if you have
- A creative and curious mind
- 2 years of relevant professional experience within the game industry
- A strong passion for art, games and relevant technologies
- Excellent visual skillset and deep artistic understanding and knowledge
- Great understanding and ability to work according Game and Art Direction as well as technical constraint
- Professional English communication skills
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our " Open Application. (https://www.embark-studios.com/jobs/278181-game-maker-open-application)"