About the role
The Compliance Manager & Legal Counsel is a new role created to ensure that the organization successfully manages the increasingly complex regulatory environment facing the business. In your role, you will be reporting to the CFO, but also work closely with the CEO and the rest of the organization with various topics such as EU eCommerce laws, contracts, and data privacy regulation.
How you make an impact - Solution oriented approach to ensure that the organization complies with relevant laws related to eCommerce, general consumer protection regulation, and other ethical standards across the EU and other markets in which the company sells.
- Define, implement, and manage strategies, processes, tools, and policies to support the organization’s desire to comply with applicable regulation and ethical standards.
- Serve as the Data Protection Officer and work with the different organizational functions processing personal data to ensure compliance with the GDPR framework.
- Support the preparation of other materials of a regulatory nature, e.g., company annual report.
- Continuously monitor the legal environment within the EU to identify potential regulation affecting the organization’s ongoing business.
What you bring - Deep understanding of regulation applicable to an eCommerce business selling across the EU and beyond, e.g., Digital Single Market, New Consumer Deal, GDPR, etc.
- At least 3 years of practical experience working with regulatory topics related to eCommerce within the EU either within a law-firm or an organization with an international sales footprint.
- A legal degree from a renowned university.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in at least Swedish and English.
- A structured problem-solving approach and mind-set.
- Comfort with continuously evolving priorities and tasks.
- Experience working with MS word and similar tools.
What we offer - Opportunity to take the lead in the organization’s regulatory compliance development in a fast paced, challenging, and cooperative organizational environment.
- A diverse and international organization committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where everyone loves to go to work.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Start date: as soon as possible / per agreement.
CarpetVista Perks - A culture inspired by our values; impact oriented, honesty, and entrepreneurship.
- Extraordinary international colleagues.
- Flexible working hours & possibility to work from home.
- A generous employee discount.
- Coffee, fruit and breakfast on Thursdays.
- Generous wellness allowance.
- Onsite masseuse and yoga.
Start date: September or as per agreement.
CarpetVista is Europe’s leading independent online retailer of carpets with a successful track-record of profitable growth during the past 10+ years. We operate two Brands (RugVista & CarpetVista) with local language web-shops in 18 markets and offer the most desirable and comprehensive rug assortment available online. Our overall mission is to positively impact all our stakeholders, but with a specific focus on driving environmental, social, and economic development in the geographies where our rugs are made. CarpetVista is based in Limhamn Sweden.