WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
As Utopia’s contracts management specialist you will be responsible for the management of all existing and newly executed contracts of the Utopia Group with a particular focus on employment contracts. You will ensure that contracts are stored safely and in a compliant manner and that the contract owners are enabled to access and action (e.g. terminate or renegotiate) their contracts. You will also support the teams with certain review, internal quality/compliance checks as well as certain drafting, particularly in the People & Culture (P&C) team. Overall, you will ensure that the processes around each of the Utopia entities’ contracts live up to the highest standards.
You will be working closely with the P&C team and the Business & Legal Affairs (BA) team as well as supporting the rest of the Utopia organization and its business units globally. You will report to the Director of Business of Legal Affairs with a dotted line to the Head of People & Culture. You will be part of a team that is highly motivated and with ambitious goals for the future.
- Support of the Director of Business and Legal Affairs in daily contractual operations
- Be a key player in the daily contract management operations of the BA and P&C teams
- Work in collaboration with and supporting the different functions and business units within the Utopia Group on their contractual needs
- Ensure that contracts are uploaded, stored and accessed safely and in a compliant manner
- Support the teams with certain contract review, internal quality/compliance checks as well as certain drafting
- Ensure that the processes around each of the Utopia entities’ contracts live up to the highest standards
- Implementing tools and processes to improve the operational efficiency and increase productivity with respect to contract management
THE IDEAL SKILLSET
- University degree in law with particular interest in business/commercial law and/or employment law
- A solution driven attitude to meeting objectives
- Proven experience from a similar role or other highly relevant experience
- Enjoys building relationships, having fun with colleagues and super serving stakeholders
- Fluent in English, other languages are an advantage
- Interest in the music industry and a love for music and technology
- Good communication skills
THE HIRING PROCESS:
- Interview with Talent Acquisition Team
- Interview with the Director of Business and Legal Affairs and the Head of People & Culture
- Meet (in person or video) with the BA and P&C team
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team.
- An experienced team to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Benefits depend on location.
- Flexible remote policy so if you may prefer being on your own and working from home - we’re fine with that too.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that have already moved here from countries outside the EU. However, we do not support relocation at the moment.
We come from diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)