OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on one clear purpose – to deliver a smoke-free future.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Purpose of the role
As a Legal Counsel you will work with affiliate, regional and OC legal & compliance teams and business colleagues in the Nordic markets (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) to provide quality, business-centric and timely legal analysis, advice, representation, negotiation, and documentation in a wide variety of business activities and initiatives to enable PMI’s Smoke Free Future vision coherently with relevant laws and regulations and PMI positions. You will also support the Senior Counsel to implement departmental practices and objectives in the Nordic markets.
You will partner with other functions within Philip Morris Nordics to reach business objectives in a consumer-centric and solution-oriented manner consistent with all relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies. You will work closely with and report to the Senior Counsel Nordics and will join a team of two other Legal Counsels.
• Represent the Legal team and provide timely, accurate and business orientated legal analysis (advising, negotiating and providing legal documents) in a wide variety of areas including competition law, marketing, sales, employment issues, regulatory matters, commercial and corporate law, contract drafting, intellectual property, digital and data protection and any other matters to ensure you can support the business with initiatives as required.
• Provide multidisciplinary legal support on all matters as listed above to one or more Nordic markets and work closely with local management as a trusted business partner within all product categories commercialized from time to time.
• Sharing issues of common interest and knowledge with the other members of the Legal team including information on commercial initiatives and proposals, legal and regulatory developments and standard processes for advising clients.
• Taking initiative and helping to ensure the provision of optimal legal support for business clients and certain other global or regional project teams using both internal expertise and services of outside counsel where required.
• Assist the Senior Counsel Nordics in the development and implementation of departmental plans and objectives to support the business initiatives. Review global or regional business proposals, marketing toolkits, etc, for consistency with local laws, company policies.
• Support global packaging, product compliance and marketing on all requirements and approvals in order to ensure the timely local deployment or launch of any new products.
• To remain current and knowledgeable with respect to current and pending legislation, case law and administrative regulations pertinent to all subject matters relevant to the business.
• Ensure that external counsel are managed cost effectively in accordance with agreed budgets and deliver work product on time and in line with expectations.
• Participate in cross-functional project teams with other members of the business, ensuring that their decisions and recommendations protect the legal interests of the company, and implement decisions to achieve objectives on a timely basis.
• Provide training on legal issues to employees of Philip Morris Nordics as needed including on compliance topics such as anti-bribery and competition law.
• Manage commercial disputes and regulatory investigations in a cost effect and commercial manner to ensure the best outcome for the company.
• Remain objective at all times while promoting compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and company policies.
• Display consumer-centricity and solution-oriented qualities in providing advice to the business.
• Counsel and advise with both short and long term views and risk.
• Ability to manage work-load and set priorities according to business needs.
The following capabilities are required for the role:
• Licensed to practice law in a locale where PM Nordics operates.
• Ideally 4-6 years post qualification legal experience in a relevant area of law from a well-regarded law firm or international business (ideally FMCG, Pharma or Retail). Candidates with less experience are not precluded from applying, PQE is an indicator of the level of experience for the role.
• Proficiency in English is required.
• Strong Finnish skills is a plus but is not required.
• Experience with using Microsoft packages.
• Career Stage Competencies: Clear and constructive communication, customer focus, building strong relationship, integrity and trust, courage, efficiency, diligence, excellent attention to detail, process management, priority setting, planning, emotional intelligence, composure, listening, self-knowledge.
• Eligible to work in Sweden without sponsorship.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our success depends on the talented people who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and appetite to progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours - we'll empower you to take risks, experiment & explore
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone is respected; collaborate with some of the world's best people and feel like you belong
• Enjoy flexibility of hybrid way of working - split your time between working from our office or the comfort of your home, where it works best for you in line with business needs
• Pursue your ambition and develop your skills with a global business - our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.