OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Who you are
At IKEA we have the vision to create a better everyday life at home for the many people. We strive to be affordable, but in a truly people and planet positive way. Our digital capabilities play a crucial role in achieving this goal. We believe that you will thrive when you meet great people that are on the same mission at IKEA. People that are not only talented and skilled, but also humble, supportive and absolutely committed to leading home-furnishing retail into the future.
What follows is our wish list. If you don’t recognize yourself in all these points, you might still be an excellent candidate for the role. We like to think long-term and invest in people’s development.
* 2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist in a commercial environment
* A proven track record of building and deploying ML solutions to production
* Strong knowledge of ML algorithms and how to apply them to real-world problems, in particular for demand forecasting
* A master’s degree or PhD in a quantitative field
* Excellent communicative skills, with good command of the English language
* Project experience with our tech stack, most importantly Python, SQL, TensorFlow, Jupyter, Git and Docker
* Familiarity with collaborative software engineering practices (Git, Agile, Scrum, CI/CD, DevOps)
* Self-organized and able to work independently, while collaborating proactively with others in a team and the wider organization
* Any form of machine scheduling experience is a plus
* The IKEA culture and values resonate with you (read more here: https://about.ikea.com/en/about-us/ikea-culture-and-values)
What you'll be doing day to day
As a Data Scientist, you play a pivotal role in the design, development and operation of machine learning (ML) powered digital products.
Together with your team and stakeholders, you refine product requirements and translate them to technical solutions. Herein, you adopt a value-first technology-second mindset, to ensure the team contributes to the company goals. You take responsibility for the technical refinement and delivery of sprint stories and epics, in collaboration with the Product Owner.
Building on your experience with ML software engineering and solution architecture, you take responsibility for experimental code being translated into properly tested CI/CD pipeline and implementing the latest MLOps best practices. Because your ML models are part of a product used in operational processes, you will not rest assured unless their quality is assured, and their performance is adequately monitored.
Our team within IKEA
You will work in Data & Analytics together with other Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Stewards and Data Architects. Together you will be joining cross-functional teams consisting of colleagues from Technology, Product and UX from the Customer Support & Returns sub-domain.
IKEA has long been a global leader in home furnishing. We are proud of our vision to improve the everyday life of the many people. But our industry is quickly changing, and we need to adapt to stay competitive. To facilitate our digital growth ambition, we are working in different locations world-wide. The home office for this role will be Malmö but we act as one global team and work together on global solutions.
We see so many opportunities for what we can accomplish and have the ambition to be a world class team. At the same time, we believe that our work is not just about solving business problems, but also about learning and having fun together.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
* Work on some very interesting problems as described above, and you are encouraged to spot new opportunities or to collaborate with Data & Analytics colleagues in other specialist teams.
* Opportunities to have global impact on both people and planet with your work
* A wealth of data, both structured and unstructured (e.g. natural language text), with massive potential to leverage ML.
* Work with the latest ML technologies on a Google Cloud Platform infrastructure.
* Hardware and Operating System your choice.
* A team of great colleagues to learn with and from (with world-class experience across all aspects of Data & Analytics).
* Continuous learning (we aim to spend 20% of our working time on learning).
* Flexible and friendly working environment in a truly value-based company
Studies show that members of underrepresented communities don’t apply for jobs unless they’re 100% “qualified”. If this is part of the reason you hesitate to apply, we would like you to reconsider and give it a chance. Maybe your profile fits our needs much better than you think. We look forward to receiving your application.
From: “Why Women Don’t Apply for Jobs Unless They’re 100% Qualified” by Tara Sophia Mohr, August 2014”
We will be interviewing continuously and are looking forward to hearing from you!