Northvolt has several job openings for Design Coordination and Interface Managers (DCIM) to support the construction of our facilities in various locations. We are looking for self-driven, technically competent, and savvy managers to join our in-house construction design and engineering team. In joining us you will play an important role in building some of the first large scale European battery factories and in the transition to a carbon-free society.
The position as Design Coordination and Interface Manager at Northvolt offers a role at the core of our facilities design organization. Our team is highly international and is working on the design and execution of our Northvolt Ett cell factory and our Revolt recycling facility, both located in Skellefteå, Sweden, as well as the expansion of our existing facility in Västerås, Sweden.
As Design Coordination and Interface Manager, you will enable the integrated design for Northvolt's turn-key battery factories. You will have the overall responsibility for coordinating, reviewing, and approving design drawings, reports, and as-built documents of Northvolt facilities.
- Facilitating collaboration among stakeholders throughout project lifecycle
- Communicating clear objectives, expectations, and priorities to all engineering disciplines
- Tracking the status and progress of all outstanding activities
- Reporting the design statuses and project risks, escalating where necessary
- Keeping the various design disciplines focused on the highest project priorities
- Encouraging creative problem solving to achieve company objectives on tight schedules and within budget
- Support ongoing construction activities through review of RFIs, Q/A, Change Orders, Submittal Reviews, etc.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
- M.Sc. in the Civil, Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering fields
- Have experience working in a design or project management function on technically complex projects
- Have experience in the design of heavy industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process facilities
- Be familiar with general building code legislation and the requirements for building safe facilities
- Excellent communication skills as the role requires constant interaction with team members and external parties such as contractors, vendors, authorities and auditors.
- Experience working on international projects and in multi-cultural environments
- Be an expert in one field of engineering and be well-versed in all construction/engineering subjects
- Personality qualities that we cherish are flexibility, high standards for quality, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
- Passionate & purpose driven
- Ability to lead a team through technical and planning challenges
- Be self-driven and willing to get things done
- Extensive Project Manger skills, preferably PMI, IPMA or equivalent
- Fluency in English
- Familiarity with standard office and management software tools and platforms
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.