OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
Design Engineer at Electromobility
Electromobility is changing the automotive world, and we are now looking for you who want to be part of this change happening in our industry! The Electromobility organization is responsible for the complete development lifecycle of our electric powertrains – from advanced engineering through product development into the maintenance phase. Together we drive the transition from conventional powertrains to electromobility based on cutting-edge engineering, state-of-the-art research, and well-proven technology within the Volvo Group. By joining us, you’ll be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other, and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
About the role
Do you want to work with entirely new technology at the forefront of electromobility? As a Design engineer, you will work together with your team – give energy and lend a helping hand with your solid experience when needed. You will be part of a team that is developing/designing the next generation of High Voltage Junction boxes.
As Design engineer you will also:
• Drive the design of different design areas within the High voltage Junction boxes.
• Come up with innovative design ideas that makes our hardware more cost effective and efficient.
• You will have close cooperation with colleagues within the electromobility team and with other departments within Volvo Group Trucks Technology and other business areas.
• Work cross functional with both internal and external teams, i.e production, suppliers etc.
We are looking for…
… a solution and innovation-oriented team player with the ability to make decisions based on facts and engineering judgment. You are confident – believe in your ability and influence others to do the same. You're the one who always looks for opportunities and welcomes new ways of doing things. You like problem solving and you get motivated by the fast pace that is currently in the Electromobility field.
With your innovative design ideas, we want you to send in your application today. Come and take the opportunity to work with the coolest technical challenges in an encouraging environment. Join our exciting change journey today!
• You have an MSc degree in Electrical & Electronics, Mechatronics engineering, Physics or Mechanical Engineering
• At least 3 – 5 years of experience in product design in automotive industry
• Technical knowledge in the Electromobility products, systems and components
• Skills in CAD Design (Creo meriting)
• Fluent in both written and verbal English
• Experience in design of high and low voltage distribution system. The system includes Busbars, harnesses, casted housings, plastic brackets, sheet metal, isolators, fasteners, connectors, contactors, fuses and PCBs.
Why Volvo Group Trucks Technology?
Welcome to a warm atmosphere where you will surround yourself with friendly colleagues and be a part of an emphatic management. Here, you will work where the future is – develop exciting products at the forefront of our industry. The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change, and Customer Success.
Andreas Bark, Group Manager
Phone: +46 765537251
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.