OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
The European Spallation Source, ESS, a partnership of European countries, is hiring motivated and inspired people to design, construct and operate the world’s most powerful neutron source. We seek ambitious, talented people in different fields who are excited about playing a part in the future of science in Europe.
Come and change the world with us!
ESS is now looking for a Electrical Design Engineer for Personnel Safety Systems (PSS) for the Integrated Control System Division, organised within the Technical Directorate.
The Integrated Control System Division is responsible for the design, construction, integration, commissioning, and operation of control systems for the ESS facility covering the accelerator, target station, neutron scattering instruments and conventional facilities.
The Protection Systems Group, where this position is placed, is responsible for the delivery of facility-wide machine protection (MP) and personnel safety systems (PSS). These systems are critical for the successful and safe operation of the facility and are highly integrated into the design of the whole facility.
Your main areas of responsibilities as Electrical Design Engineer for Personnel Safety Systems will be to:
• Plan, coordinate and execute the electrical and mechanical design for PSS and ODH systems based on requirements and priorities as defined.
• Specify and carry out electrical related design calculations (e.g. conductor & cable, voltage drop, short circuit breaking capacity, impedance, cooling etc.).
• Specify and carry out the detailed design of cable management systems.
• Ensure the electrical and mechanical designs are standard compliant and are executed according to ESS rules.
• Participate in defining requirements, design specifications & interface control documents for upcoming design packages.
• Support in identifying how to build small pieces of equipment such that systems are compliant with all standards relevant (e.g. Emergency Switch Off Stations/aka ESOS, the interface control units between PSS and other systems such as modulators, RF systems, shutters, etc.).
• Write manufacturing, test & installation specifications.
• Ensure the design is done towards a high degree of reliability, availability, maintainability, and inspect-ability and propose means of optimization.
• Investigate and evaluate effectiveness of workflows and propose means of optimisation for el. and mech. design, especially with focus on modular design approaches that allow easy and effective scaling. Propose means of optimisation.
• Actively develop, evaluate and optimize new and innovative ideas related to implementation of complex safety functions into Personnel Safety Systems.
• Stay current with safety standards and state of the art technologies. Investigate, evaluate and communicate innovative approaches and techniques where appropriate.
• Communicate with and provide on-the-job-training to technicians and other engineers.
The successful candidate will have:
• Engineering degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience from electrical design within industry or machinery equipment/systems.
• Experience from using PLM/PDM, CAD & Engineering tools.
• Proven excellent skills in ePLAN P8 platform.
• Proven excellent skills in AVEVA E3D platform.
• Excellent oral and written English skills are mandatory; knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of functional safety standards IEC61508 and IEC61511 would be an advantage.
• Strong problem solving, analytical methods and technical skills.
• Ability to work effectively in and with team(s) and deliver according to expectations.
• Uses initiative to identify and resolve problems/issues and has good judgement.
• High social skills.
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period.
Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Both the curriculum vitae and the cover letter must be in English. You start your application by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions.
Please note that we only accept applications via the ESS website.
For some roles at ESS health check-ups and security clearance are required, and thus this might be applicable in the final parts of the recruitment process. The applicant is expected to be fit to perform the applicable tasks of this recruitment.
The deadline for applications is 2nd May, 2021. Please note that we will review applications continuously, and thus recommend you to apply as soon as possible.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process.
For further information regarding the position, please contact the Recruiting Manager, Annika Nordt, Group Leader Protection Systems Group, annika.nordt[at]ess.eu.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Tina Nilsson, tina.nilsson[at]ess.eu.
For trade union information please contact Unionen / Conny Wendt at +46 46 888 34 63
or SACO / Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers/ Riccardo Bevilacqua at +46 46 888 32 28.
We look forward to receiving your application!