OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
The Engineering Department (EN) pushes forward the limits of technology so that physicists can carry out their research. Within the EN department, you will join the Access and Alarms group (EN-AA) which is in charge of the design, engineering, installation, maintenance, operation, and consolidation of the systems that ensure the safety and access of CERN personnel, users, and visitors on all CERN sites, accelerators and experimental facilities. You will collaborate with the group's engineers and other CERN groups contributing to CERN's fire safety and access projects, in particular CERN North Experimental Area consolidation project.
Are you a dynamic electrical engineer looking forward to new challenges? Are you interested in safety systems, automatic fire detection, protection and extinguishing systems? Join us and contribute to CERN's ambitious projects. Take part!
As a member of the EN-AA team, you will actively participate in EN-AA safety projects such as the renovation of the automatic fire detection, protection and extinguishing systems of the North Area Consolidation project.
As an electrical engineer, you will:
- Manage the preliminary study, specification, design, follow-up of manufacturing and installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance and operation;
- Study and design specific customized solutions when industrial off-the-shelf products are not available;
- Draft verify and validate engineering specifications, system concepts, electrical designs, and design reports;
- Ensure that the technical choices comply with specifications (functional, technical, integration, applicable standards.);
- Develop testing processes, perform tests and validation of new systems;
- Plan, monitor, and control the project's schedule, costs, and quality;
- Manage activities in the framework of existing industrial contracts;
- Ensure supervision of on-site works including logistics and commissioning tests;
- Oversee schedules, costs and quality;
- Support smaller size projects as well as operation and maintenance of safety systems under the responsibility of the group whenever required.
The work requires close collaboration with CERN personnel from other departments and groups such as fire prevention, fire and rescue service, 3D integration, radioprotection, accelerator, experiment coordination teams, as well as contractor teams.
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in electrical engineering: preliminary study, specification, design, manufacturing, testing, commissioning, maintenance, and operation;
- Experience in developing non-standard prototypes and systems with multiple design constraints;
- Demonstrated organizational skills (effective planning, time management, team management);
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and analytical thinking;
- An initial experience in the following fields would be an advantage:
* Safety systems engineering applying the V-cycle development process;
* Fire safety;
* Application of NF-SSI and EN-54 standards;
* Work with control and certification or regulatory bodies (on international or national level);
* Experience in nuclear safety (IEC 61513) and/or functional safety (IEC 61508);
* Work in radioactive areas
- Functional analysis of control systems
- Design and modelling of low-voltage electrical circuits and networks: design, modelling, construction, test and commissioning of low-voltage electrical circuits and networks
- Design and implementation of digital control systems: and safety interlock systems
- Specification and follow-up of technical aspects of a contract
- Quality management: (quality assurance and control)
- Achieving Results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind Driving work / projects along and seeing them through to their conclusion.
- Solving Problems: addressing complex problems by breaking them down into manageable components Anticipating obstacles; assessing alternative solutions in order to have a fall-back plan Finding the information needed to solve problems; making objective judgments based on all the facts available.
- Working in Teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships Supporting and acting in accordance with team decisions; accepting joint responsibility for team successes and shortcomings Cooperating constructively with others in the pursuit of team goals; balancing personal goals with team goals.
- Demonstrating Flexibility: actively participating in the implementation of new processes and technologies Demonstrating openness to new ideas and situations Readily absorbing new techniques and working practices; proposing new or improved ways of working.
- Demonstrating Accountability: taking responsibility for own actions and decisions Working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises.
Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts. Ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations in at least one of the two languages. And an undertaking to acquire the other language rapidly.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.