Northvolt has an exciting job opportunity for an Electrical Supervisor to join our passionate maintenance team in Skellefteå.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
This person will lead and develop the maintenance function for the electrical, instrumentation and automation part of the factory to increase availability and decrease cost.
You´re a great leader and you will recruit, train and lead industrial electricians and instrument technicians.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work.
- Identify and cover gaps in terms of competence and resources.
- Inspect and maintain building systems and process machinery.
- Contribute to overall maintenance program development and optimization.
- Together with the rest of the team, being a key player to develop and maintain a safe work enviroment.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and practices on site, oversee all repairs and ensure that work is completed on time.
- Handle contact with and oversee external contractors during maintenance work.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The electrical supervisor is a vital member of the maintenance team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree within Electrical Engineering or relevant areas or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years or more proven successfull management.
- 5 years experience within maiuntenance or production.
- High technical knowledge in electrical, instrumentation and automation.
- Authorisation A or AL (highly advantageous)
- English - good written and oral skills. Any additional languages skills are a plus.
- Great communication skills as you will be in constant interaction with team members and external parties such as authorities and auditors.
- Experience from, and motivated to, setting up work methods and procedures from scratch, work with overall time schedule planning both for short and long time.
- Have a high control for document and procedures in projects
- Experience in working with SSG 4500/ESA 19.
Personal success factors
- Passionate & purpose driven - we work for a more sustainable future.
- High work ethic, multi-tasker, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor.
- Negotiation skills.
- Highly organized and result driven.
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.