Northvolt has an exciting job opportunity for an Electrical Supervisor to join our passionate team in Skellefteå.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
This person is responsible for supervising the electrical installation for a block building on site for low- or medium voltage. This role is equal to a project leader role and an important part of the job will be to collaborate with other supervisors and block managers to ensure efficient execution of the building of the factory. You will supervise the electrical contractor to ensure they are preforming the work with a high quality and also make sure that they are unhindered in their installation activities and report weekly progress to the block manager.
In general you have experience in the field and have been driving large industrial projects involving execution of power distribution grids.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Fully understanding the electrical construction drawing and making sure that they are implemented on site.
- Attendance at site meetings and liaison with design to solve issues from site if needed to make a good progress and having a high quality.
- Being the client representative at site electrical inspections.
- Regular following up the progress and make sure that the progress is following set times schedule and budget.
- Arranging third party inspections at pre-determined milestones to ensure that the electrical installation complies with the construction drawings and contracted deliverables.
- Regular inspection of electrical contractor's quality control program and installations.
- Witness the commissioning of the electrical MV- or LV switchgear and electrical MCCs and distribution boards.
- Plan and coordinate the training of the contractors and maintenance personnel.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The electrical supervisor is a vital member of the construction team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree within Electrical Engineering or relevant areas or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in Project management/Planning of major industrial projects involving execution of power distribution network.
- Have lead construction installation of robust power distribution systems to meet high requirements on reliability, availability and maintainability.
- English - good written and oral skills. Any additional languages skills are a plus.
- Great communication skills as you will be in constant interaction with team members and external parties such as authorities and auditors.
- Experience from, and motivated to, setting up work methods and procedures from scratch, work with overall time schedule planning both for short and long time.
- Have a high control for document and procedures in projects
Personal success factors
- Passionate & purpose driven - we work for a more sustainable future.
- High work ethic, multi-tasker, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor.
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories. All this is incredibly challenging and requires us to think in unconventional ways. We’re constantly experimenting, learning and adapting to make batteries so great – they will one day make oil history.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We're also hiring for our two gigafactories: Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden, and Northvolt Zwei in Salzgitter, Germany. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun.