OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
WHO YOU ARE
This is your great opportunity to be part of the Customer Domain organisation in Helsingborg and Malmö.
As always and especially now we are looking for people to join us who share and are passioned about our IKEA culture and values that are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important that you naturally lead with our values top of mind, you can read more about them on ikea.com.
In this role we believe that you have a drive for the delivery of high-quality software and a passion for technology and innovation. Your energy is generated by leading and developing people, building and growing agile software development teams and building an engineering culture with an emphasis on empowered teams who delivers to agreed commitments.
To succeed in this role, you have a solid software engineering background since you need to lead by example by bootstrapping, building and improving products and team within your responsibility area. You are experienced in lean/agile development and continuous improvement; encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership and accountability. We also see that you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an engineering manager with the ability to lead, coach, motivate and develop teams and team members. You are curious and actively seeking to acquire new knowledge and skills and champion new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance. You change direction as appropriate based on new ideas, approaches, and strategies. Within IKEA we work cross functional and you collaborate with others in the engineering network in achieving our common goals.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• Extensive knowledge of software engineering practices such as BDD, TDD, test automation, DevOps, code versioning, with knowledge and experience of using industry standard toolsets
• Knowledge of design and architecture concepts (i.e. microservices), especially within the cloud space at scale, and ability to apply knowledge within the development cycle
• Knowledge of the respective technology capability area’s products and services, as well as relevant cloud services
• Understand the needs of the service management and operations phase, including L2/L3 support, incident and problem management
You will be accountable for the technical delivery within our digital organisation. This may mean either one or a series of products within the Customer domain areas.
You will provide technical domain knowledge, architectural leadership and coach the teams in ‘best in class’ standards for software engineering and operations. You will help the teams drive a cloud first agenda with modern software engineering principles, utilise the tools fit for purpose and automate everything to enable the specified business outcomes.
You will be the line manager for a team of software engineers with responsibility for the people processes such as recruitment, performance, competence, career development and health/welfare of co-workers.
• Work with one or multiple products in terms of being fully accountable for the technical deliverables, supporting the product's roadmap. This includes the efficiency, security and quality aspects of delivery and operations as well as support
• Work closely with the assigned product owners and all groups within the Digital Technology organization
• Lead and organise the team following Lean and DevOps principles to implement, evolve, support and own the software and system components to Group Digital quality standards
• Manage all technical resources and capacity plans within budget
• Lead, inspire, motivate a multi-discipline software product team
• Help build a digital mindset and an engineering culture that is accountability and results orientated
• Responsible for recruiting engineers, achieving and sustaining employee engagement and retention through motivation and strong management
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
At Group Digital, we set the digital agenda to enable IKEA to become the world´s leading multichannel home furnisher!
The customer domain covers all the technology products and platform that interact with our IKEA customers. This ranges from our website, apps and store experiences to customer profiles and CRM activities. In terms of technology, it stretches from front-end experiences to the core underpinning services such as sales & payments, product information, pricing, etc and several large scaled platforms. We are focused on driving an outstanding customer experience through our many channels in a smooth and seamless way while upholding our values-based ways of working that means so much to us at IKEA.
In this role you will report to one of the Product Engineering Managers for the capability areas Retail Range & Merchandising, Sales & Pricing or Customer Engagement within the Customer Domain and this role is based in Helsingborg or Malmö, Sweden.