OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
WHO YOU ARE
Hej! I am Per and privileged to lead the Order Management engineering teams at IKEA. I thought I would share why I work at IKEA and why I hope you would want to join as well.
Joining IKEA gives you an opportunity to take part in this unique and amazing company culture with values that spoke to me as a person, simplicity, togetherness and caring for people and planet. These values have been proven as strong and are underpinning and guiding us in our everyday work life, in discussions, decisions and activities. Combine this with our vision “to create a better everyday life for the many people” – for customers, but also for our co-workers and the people who work at our suppliers, means that you will work and thrive in a truly people (and planet) positive work environment. I have met some incredible people here, very humble, supportive and absolutely committed to lead home-furnishing retail into the future and create a better life for more of the many people, by putting the customer at the heart of all we do.
‘Entrepreneurship’ is in our DNA and it marries with my belief of the power in product focus and freedom or autonomy. These teams are supposed to be diverse because they deliver better thought through outcomes. We have a high focus on diversity, one example is that we have 50% male/female managers within IKEA and the commitment is to have this in every part of the organization.
Also, our leaders consistently ensure that my job is a part of having a great quality of life – We know when people are happy, they do their best work.
WHAT WOULD WE ASK FROM YOU?
• We believe you have a relentless passion and vision for meeting the customer promise. Motivating engineers to be outcome focused and innovate/learn to solve business problems.
• That you are passionate about our vison values - values like togetherness, simplicity and lead by example are all a natural part of your everyday working life at IKEA. As a person you have great willpower and the ability to create enthusiasm around you, to dare challenge conventions and make mistakes.
• That you have a minimum of two years’ experience as an engineering manager with a track record of building teams at pace and still creating happy and focused teams.
• To have learnt the lessons and can inspire others to why the following practices are important to move towards: Version control of every component / Deployment automation / Continuous integration / Trunk-based development / Test automation / Test data management / Shift left on security / Loosely coupled architecture (e.g. domain driven design,
microservices, API 1st) / Empowered Teams / Monitoring / Proactive notifications.
• To be resilient and empathetic in the face of the challenge of doing open heart surgery on the IKEA business – transforming our current landscape into something for the next evolution of IKEA.
• To enjoy building your teams with a DevOps mentality to develop new, scalable, enterprise technology, able to run our global operations 24/7.
• To bring your whole self to work and have fun building a better everyday life for the many.
We have set out to change everything (almost!) and we need to change now! We are transforming a global iconic brand which in itself is breathtaking, and within Order Management we are creating the digital equivalent of flat packages. The change is formulated in ten jobs here: https://www.ingka.com/what-we-do/ikea-retail/ Five of the jobs are underpinned by the amazing work we will do in Fulfilment, Logistics & Inventory Management.
There are some interesting challenges to take on:
• Build and run the technology that underpins our global business. Across 377 stores, 40+ fulfilment centers, Click & Collect solutions, Final mile delivery and services like installation in our customers’ homes.
• Create a new IKEA, by building the capability to dynamically flex fulfilment across all our network, buildings, transport and partners - responding to situations like COVID-19 pandemic in near real time to meet our customers' needs and minimizing impact on the planet.
• Transform the current landscape into a modern technology stack which will enable us to test and learn quickly to meet our customers' demands & provide a highly available, resilient & secure service.
We are big believers in enabling our leaders to act with autonomy and as such you would lead on the technical decisions of how you want to build and implement your products.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We’re the ones who make it possible for people to have a smarter life at home and a hassle-free and rewarding shopping experience. Together we work to find new digital solutions for every business need to help make IKEA a great and efficient place to work. We like to think of ourselves as innovative and modern, and we believe that nothing would actually work without us.