OBS! Ansökningsperioden för denna annonsen har
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF DIGITALISING IKEA PEOPLE DOMAIN PRODUCT PORTFOLIO?
We have more than 180 000 co-workers in the world that use our solutions today! We will transform the majority of our digital landscape to support the organization in an efficient and inspiring way the coming years. We need to recreate the way our coworkers connect, to improve the customer interactions.
WHY WE WILL LOVE YOU
We believe that you are passionate about fulfilling new needs and delivering outcome to our business stakeholders as well as technology service operations. You appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning architecture trends and requirements into practice. You get motivated to keep learning and to forget the obsolete and to work agile and being open to the change. In addition, you are energized by working both independently and interdependently and cross functions. Last but not least you share and live the IKEA culture and values.
In this role you have proven advanced training in information technology, computer science or any engineering equivalent. You have minimum 5 years of experience as software engineer with experience/knowledge in various tech stacks. You have experience from working in Agile and DevOps set-up with self-organizing cross functional teams, as well as managing software engineering teams and strong documented leadership skills, also with leading in change.
For one of our open positions, we are looking for you who, have an extensive experience from implementing, rolling out and maintaining SuccessFactors as a central platform which is a part of the rest of the digital landscape.
For all of our areas, you have knowledge in following:
• Extensive knowledge of software engineering from ground up, e.g. you will need to lead by example
• Extensive knowledge of software engineering practices including Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development, test automation, DevOps, code versioning, with knowledge and experience of using industry standard toolsets
• Knowledge of design and architecture concepts (i.e. microservices) and ability to apply knowledge within the development cycle
• Knowledge of the respective technology capability area’s products and services, as well as relevant cloud services
• Understand the needs of the service management and operations phase, including L2/L3 support, incident and problem management
• Good knowledge of the IKEA Concept, brand identity and IKEA Culture & values
As a person you are passionate about delivering of high-quality software, about technology and innovation and about leading large multi-discipline teams. You are energized by working both independently and interdependently and cross functions and you share the IKEA culture & values. You have proven abilities in developing high quality code using and applying good practices, in agile working - continuous improvement within the software engineering function (encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership and accountability), in leading (coach, motivate and develop) team members, in understanding the complexity of IKEA business and the role of technology as an integrated part of the business. You actively acquire new knowledge and skills and champions new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance.
As an Engineering Manager you are Accountable for the technical delivery within our digital organization. This may mean either one or a series of products. Provide technical domain knowledge, architectural leadership and coach the teams in high class standards for software engineering and operations. Help the teams drive a cloud first agenda, adhere to modern software engineering principles, utilize the proper tools, and automate everything to enable the specified business outcomes. Line manager for a team of software engineers and will include responsibility for recruitment, performance, competence and career development of individuals.
• Be accountable for one or multiple products in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation and service operations, including support, incident management etc, of the technical deliverables that support the overarching product owner’s roadmap
• Work closely with the assigned product owners and all groups within the Digital Technology organization in order to deliver the assigned digital products and services
• Lead and organize the team following lean and DevOps principles to implement, evolve, support and own the software and system components to Group Digital quality standards
• Lead, inspire, motivate a multi-discipline software product team
• Help build a digital mindset and an engineering culture that is accountability and results orientated
• Secure that product teams are resourced with the right level and standard of engineers
• Encourage the team to continuously improve processes
• Manage all technical resources and capacity plans within budget
In this role you will report to the Product Engineering Manager.
This role is located in Helsingborg, Sweden.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace.
At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.