As a Front End Engineer at Embark you will be a game maker, by enabling the game teams in creating new ways to enhance experiences in interactive entertainment, and producing beautiful experiences for our players.
You will be an integral part of the backend delivery team and work on solving problems together with a group of optimistic doers. We work across the stack and together we build, deploy and monitor key services, such as authentication, matchmaking and game server provisioning, that are used both by our colleagues and players.
As we grow and continue to build our games we want to make sure our users have a world class experience in every interaction, from the moment they sign up and login to the final victory screen!
We are looking for generalists and specialists that can bring to life the visions created by our UX artists and designers, and are not afraid to bring their own visions into reality.
Example of responsibilities
- Build internal- and external facing applications using the latest frontend technologies.
- Work with designers in creating world class user interfaces for our customers.
- Be part in architecting, designing and building our own reusable component framework together with your team.
It would be awesome if you have some of these
- A passion for good UX, accessibility and performance
- Built component-based web apps with frameworks such as React, Vue, etc
- Experience using TypeScript or inspiration to learn it
- Worked with test automation as a part of the development cycle
- Experience with build systems for front-end and bundlers such as Webpack
- Developed user interfaces with support for multiple languages
- Comfortable with server side coding and Docker
- Be a great team player with great communication skills
- A passion for interactive experiences, games and new technologies
- Fluency in English
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our " Open Application. (https://www.embark-studios.com/jobs/278181-game-maker-open-application)"